S I X

E R E N ?

She felt his hands holding her waist. She felt his breath colliding with hers.
His face inches away from her own as she closed her eyes to cherish the moment.

"Eren..." She felt his breath go farther and farther.

"Don't leave Eren" His hands lost its way on her.

"Eren..?"

As Mikasa opened her eyes, he was gone and missing. She sighed, holding her aching head. It was just another dream.

Mikasa felt uncanny. She needed him, and she needs to see him.

Without Eren, her life isn't complete.
Without Eren, she would've been dead.

Without Eren, she'll be different.

"Mikasa? Sup" Jean interrupted as he was at the door the whole time. "Bad dream isn't it?" He crossed his arms, leaning back on the side.

Mikasa responded with a nod. "Where's Eren..." She stood up, crossing both of her arms. "You're searching for him ag-" before jean could've finished, Mikasa cut him off.

"I love him...okay?"

"Why him?"

"My heart chooses who Jean...And it chose him.." Mikasa said, her voice tinted with pain.

"I tried to pretend to be free...

Maybe then...he'll....realize he doesn't hate me..because I'm free" Mikasa sat back down her bed, whilst Jean still stood at the door. He closed it to give their selves privacy.

"But, it was starting to hurt.....Jean...

I never wanted to...hurt him" A tear fell down from her goregous looking face.

"I wanted Eren to see me as someone else, not just a woman trapped in his hands" Mikasa looked away, "but...i guess my decision gave us space...and for me to think about him"

"Maybe that kind of freedom, i couldn't seek it....i wanted the freedom to love him...and i finally realized.." Mikasa smiled, staring at Jean.

"That i truly love him...

Not just because he saved me...

But because i chose to!" She wiped her glossy eyes, taking off the small tears. Jean chuckled, clapping his hands. He looked at the girl, who finally understood her own feelings.

He's not just her family.

He's not just her savior.

He's Eren Yeager, the man who made her realize her own freedom.

Loving isn't freedom, but it also is. You chose to love that person, giving him/her your heart.

But if why did you choose to love that person in the beginning?

It was because you were free to love whoever you want.

And that was the freedom Mikasa had, and she finally realized it.

Eren on the other hand was also confused of his feelings. Family love?

Family love?...

It was all in his mind. He thought about her a couple of times but everything concluded with the same questions.

What if Zeke was wrong? Was he trying to lead me to the wrong path?

"Eren, what are you daydreaming about?" Annie asked the man, rolling her eyes. "When did you realize that...you like Armin?"

"W-What?!" She was shocked by his question. Annie sighed, placing her elbow on the elevated part of the desk.

"Love...comes out naturally
You're either lucky to be loved back,
Or rather sad to face rejection"

Eren was scared of being rejected.

'what if she did like me...but not anymore?'

He got into a flashback, where he saw Mikasa and Jean together.

'She found....someone new...'

He scratched his head in frustration as he felt someone tap his shoulder. "Mr. Yeager! We wanted to let you know that our travel to Marley will approximately begin at 5AM tomorrow. So... are you still gonna join us?" Falco reminded and the man nodded. "I've decided.. I'll go with you guys"

"Really Mr. Yeager?!" Falco got excited, since Eren and him had been talking for hours. He changed his perspective on the man. He told him about Gabi, who he wouldn't shut up about too.

"Of course kid, how many years?" Eren leaned back on the concrete. "That would be 5 years sir!" Eren closed his eyes, resuming his thoughts about her.

'See you soon Mikasa' He smiled, hoping that she would change her mind about him in a couple of years. "I didn't mean to make you hate me...i just-"

"Oh Eren... you're beginning to talk nonsense again" Annie rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, my thoughts get out of my mind too much" He sweatdropped. "Well I'm sure you'll see Marley as a good place! It's got renovated after the war pretty fast!" Falco butts in again.

"Well that's nice, lets thank Armin and Mikasa for battling with the founder, and obtaining the antidote..." Eren high fived Falco's little hands who were waiting for one.

"Ugh, get ready for our trip tomorrow...Falco's probably gonna get seasick again" Annie pinched the boy's cheeks.

"H-hey! I'm a trained Eldian soldier you know!" Falco blushed from embarrassment, while Annie raised an eyebrow.

"You mean a candidate?" She added.

"Haha! Don't worry, I'll give you some medicine for seasickness if you need one"

After a few hours of getting ready with the others. Eren wanted to go see her and say goodbye, but that wasn't probably the best option, knowing his thought of their situation now.

He left without saying goodbye..

Again.

It was finally 5AM. Eren and the others travelled for one hour to where the boat was docking. "The boat leaves in 30 minutes" Gabi told them. "Alright, you go in you two. I'll be here for awhile" Eren smiled at her as she took Falco's hand and ran inside.

Annie was supposed to watch over Eren but Pieck decided to give her a signal that she's already in charge of him.

Eren watched as the sky started to brighten, and the sun started to shine. Standing there for almost 12 minutes until he turned around.

"Ready to go?" Pieck questioned the man as she noticed him turn his back. Eren glanced one more time at his precious island, looking at the soon to be rising sun.

"Yeah, lets go"

He walked in, and sat with the kids. "I wonder what time we'll arrive.." The brown haired kid murmured, looking at the window with the great view of the sea.

"Once you guys fall asleep and then when you wake up we're magically there!" Pieck chuckled.

"I can't wait to see how Reiner is doing!" Falco reminded his partner.

"I'm sure he's doing fine" Eren smiled looking at the window where Gabi was looking as the engine of the ship started.

See you again soon

"Cause baby, you look happier,
you do
I knew one day you'd fall
for someone new
But if he breaks your heart
like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waitin' here
for you"
-Ed Sheeran