Chapter 23: Terrible at staying away

Start from the beginning

I followed him to his room and sat on the chair in front of him and asked him,
"How did you know I came here for her?"

"Well, I saw you talking to the receptionist, didn't hear you but your ring got my attention. It's the same ring I saw Dr. Rosé sewing to her pocket before every surgery. I just couldn't ignore the resemblance. Are you her husband?" He asked.

"I am." I nearly whispered unable to collect right words to introduce myself and completely shocked from new revelation.

"Can you tell me where is Rosé?" I asked and he gave me the location of the beach she was at. Typical Rosé thing. I smiled and left to see her.

I asked the driver to give me the car and drove as fast as I could to the location. I tried finding her everywhere but I couldn't see her.

Then suddenly a scream caught my attention. That high pitched voice was somewhat familiar. I went near the voice to find a back I could easily guess from afar. It's Rosé. I walked towards here when I heard muffled voices of her ranting at the ocean.

"When I left him, I hoped that he might somewhere loves me, love is a strong word but at least he could like me. I thought everything that happened between us wasn't a deal. But I was wrong." She said.

Little did she know that how much I missed her for the past week and the first thing I wanted to tell her that the contract doesn't exist anymore.

She continued to rant at the ocean and I let her continue taking out everything she was keeping inside. My heart broke every time she complained because Rosé would never be the first person to complain. She'll bottle up all her feelings till she can't hold up anymore.

"He must be very stupid." I said to her from behind.

She buried her head in between her legs and whispered a small 'yes' earning a chuckle from the me.

I settled next to her. And then she suddenly shifted her gaze towards me. I never had imagined her to react this way so I chuckled.

"How did y-you kn-know I was here." She asked in a whisper.

"Just as you said earlier, it wasn't a difficult task for me." I replied. Then silence surrounded us and the only sound we could hear was pf the strong breeze blowing and our breathing.

"I know you have many questions. And you are not going to forgive me easily, this time. But I am not here to beg you for your forgiveness. I came here to tell you that I'M ABSOLUTELY terrible at staying away from you." The conversation that I had in my head during my flight was actually happening but all I was saying weren't the lines I practiced rather the words that I really meant.

I continued,
"I am here to take you back home. I don't want you to forgive me easily. But what I need is a chance again. And about the contract here it goes."

And I threw it in the water and a wave came taking it away.

"I don't think we needed that anymore." I said but she kept looking at me with wide eyes and her shocked face.

"Is this actually happening?" She whispered to herself. I pinched her cheeks and she hissed in pain.

"It's real Rosé. I'm real. You're real. And the fact the contract is gone is real." I replied. Just when she was about to say something my phone started to ring.

I muttered a small 'I need to have this' and picked up the phone. While the person on line was talking my entire attention was to what Rosé was whispering to herself.

I heard her say,
"And I was thinking he wasn't here for business and just for me."

"She's alright. I'll get back to you all soon." I told her brothers who were worried about her. And then turned the phone off.

I turned towards her while she sped walked towards the road. I followed her and stood behind her as she called out for Taxi drivers.

"You don't need a Taxi. I have a car." I whispered from behind.

"So shall we go?" I asked her and took her hand while she jerked my hand away.

"No, I am not coming with you." she said stubbornly.

"Rosé, I am not asking you again, come willingly or else-" I stopped as she glared at me again. How much I missed this look on her.

"Or else what huh?" she asked challenging me.

" Or else I'll carry you." I said and bend down to lift her up.

"I'll kill you if you do that. And you know what, we can't be seen together it against the contrac-" I didn't let her complete her sentence and pressed my lips on her soft ones.

"That contract doesn't exist anymore and if you tried mentioning it again, I'll shush you the way I did just now." I said while she blushed.

I led her to our car and started to drive.
"How long are you staying here?" I asked her.

"5 days." She said.

"I'm staying too then." I replied and I didn't miss her tight smile she give me when I told her about my stay.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"For?" I asked.

"For coming here for me. I thought I would never matter to you and you would never-" I again cut her off by abruptly stopping the car mid road.

"Never ever say that again that, you don't matter to me. You're the person I want to be with when I have a hard day, the person I need next to me every morning I wake up and the person I want to fall for hopelessly in love with."

____

(A/N: Do you guys think of this as a cliche romantic chapter or do you all like it? I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter.

I just got a small 4 day break from my med school. So I'll try to update every day or at least every second day at night. )