FOURTY

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

"How are we looking, Bruce?" Nat asked, and he jogged along side us in Tony's Hulk Buster armour, seeming like he'd gotten used to it.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" He said, but stumbled over a rock, making me laugh.

"I'm okay, I'm okay!"

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey said, and I recognised one of them as the alien girl who attacked Wanda and Vision.

The Jabari Warrior joined us, chanting while the leader approached T'Challa.

"Thank you for standing with us." He said, and I walked up to the barrier with Steve and T'Challa, watching the girl drag her sword across the barrier.

"Where's your other friend?" I smirked, and she glared at me.

"You will pay for his life with yours." She said, making me roll my eyes.

"Oh, how intimidating." I said sarcastically, and Steve nudged me gently.

"Thanos will have that stone." She said, and Steve shook his head.

"That's not gonna happen."

"You are in Wakanda now, Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa said, and she smirked.

"We have blood to spare."

The ships behind her opened up their hulls, and their fighters ran out, making me gasp slightly.

She wasn't lying.

We walked back to the others, and Bucky held his gun tightly.

"Did they surrender?"

"Not exactly." Steve said, and I sighed quietly as T'Challa led the Wakanadans in their war cry.

The enemy forces began running to the barrier, and I grimaced at the sight of them.

Disgusting.

"What the hell." Bucky whispered, and Nat looked at me.

"Looks like we pissed her off." She said, making me smirk.

"Perhaps a little."

We watched as they tried to force themselves through the barrier, tearing off limbs and varies body parts in the process.

"That's horrific." I said, and Okoye nodded.

"They're killing themselves."

A few of them managed to squeeze through intact, and the Border Tribe raised their shields.

The Kingsguard behind them held their sonic spears over the tribes' shoulders, and on T'Challa's command, fired at the approaching monsters.

Bucky used his machine gun, and Bruce fired the Hulk buster's hand repulsors.