FOURTEEN

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

"Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey asked, and i nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this'?" He said, and I let out a small laugh, while Tony and Thor just stared at him.

"Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." Rhodey said, and Thor took a sip of his drink.

"That's the whole story?"

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said, and Thor smiled.

"Well it's very good then, it's impressive." He said, making me laugh.

"Nice."

"Quality save, this is why Stella's my favourite." Rhodey said, and I nudged him lightly.

"I'm everyone's favourite."

"Untrue." Tony said, sipping his beer.

"Rhodes loves me."

"Sure I do." Rhodey jokingly said, but I knew those two were thicker than blood.

"So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" I asked Tony, but he shook his head.

"No."

"Hey, what about Jane?" Maria asked from behind the counter, and I smiled at her.

"Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run." Tony said, and Thor shrugged.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony said, and I shared a look with Maria and Rhodey.

Here we go.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize."

"Well tell her I said congratulations." I said to Thor, and he raised his glass to me.

"I will."

"Yeah, they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together." Maria said, fake coughing.

"Testosterone! Oh, excuse me."

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asked, playing along and making me laugh.

Maria nodded, and Rhodey took her hand, leading her away while they bid farewell to us.

"But Jane's better."

"Loki isn't coming?" I asked, and Thor shook his head.

"My brother elected to stay upstairs, he figures people do not want him around." He responded, and I tapped my chin, taking a sip of my drink.