THIRTY THREE

Loki Laufeyson

"So he’s gone?" Who I could only assume was Hela asked, looking satisfied with herself.

"That’s a shame, I would’ve liked
to have seen that."

"You must be Hela. I’m Thor, son of
Odin." Thor said, and she stared him down.

"Really, you don’t look like him."

"Perhaps we can reach an
arrangement." I said, and she turned to look at me, pointing at me.

"You sound like him."

I shifted nervously, and Thor’s grip on Mjolnir significantly tightened.

"Kneel." She said, and I couldn't believe my ears for a moment.

"Beg your pardon?" I asked, and she pulled a pitch black blade out of nowhere, taking me by surprise.

"Kneel, before your Queen." 

"I don’t think so." Thor said, hurling Mjolnir at Hela, but she caught it.

She caught it.

The hammer trembled in Hela’s hand, and I widened my eyes, looking at my brother, who was terrified.

"It’s not possible."

"Darling, you have no idea what’s
possible." Hela said, shattering Mjolnir and dropping it to the floor.

"Bring us back!" I yelled, and Thor shouted out in disapproval while she charged towards us.

The Bi-Frost enveloped all of us, and I threw two daggers at her, but she advanced on me, knocking me out.

•••

Stella Rogers

I sat next to Steve in Wakanda, waiting for Nat and Sam to show up.

"Any progress?" I asked, and Steve nodded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"T'Challa said his mind scans are showing up slightly clearer, but they'll keep him under for a little bit longer, just to be safe."

"It's better to be safe than sorry." I sighed, watching some children run around, screaming in excitement.

"Besides, the last thing Bucky would want is to wake up, and beg to be put back under."

"That's true." My brother agreed, making me smile slightly.

"He'll be totally fine, I know it." I said, watching the Quinjet land, and our friends get out.

"How are you?" Nat asked, pulling me in for a hug, and I sighed.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"You miss him." She said, and I looked at her in surprise.

"How did you know?"

"It's obvious, Stell." Steve smiled, but it was forced.

He felt guilty.

"Yeah, I really miss him."

"I'm sure he misses you too." Sam said reassuringly, but I shrugged.

"I don't think he does, I think he's better off on Asgard with Thor, than down here dealing with my shit."

"He loved you, flaws and all." Nat said, putting an arm around my shoulder while we walked inside, smiling at Shuri on the way in.