EIGHT

Stella Rogers

Banners expression changed in the dim light as he struggled to suppress his rage, but face contorting slowly.

"Nat, we need to go." I whispered harshly to her, pulling myself to the ground and giving her a hand.

Pulling her free was difficult, but we managed to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible, turning to Bruce.

"Doctor, Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants." She said, and I crouched next to him.

"We're gonna be okay."

"Listen to me." Nat tried to talk to him, and two shield agents came in to check on us, but I furiously waved them away.

They bolted out of the room, and I stood up to stand next to Nat.

"We're gonna be okay, right?" I asked, making Nat nod.

"I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never-" Nat tried to reassure Banner, but he looked at us, his voice deeper.

"Your life!?"

Oh my God, that's scary.

Another explosion rocked the carrier, and Banner continued to transform as the lights went out.

"Bruce." I pleaded, and he gave us a sorry look before finishing his transformation into the Hulk.

Oh, shit.

I acted quickly, grabbing Nat's hand and making a mad dash for the stairs, our feet carrying us up while the Hulk started chasing after us.

She carefully maneuvered up the stairs, crawling withing the maze of pipes as I ran across the floor, splitting up, but staying close.

Bruce let out a loud roar, making my blood run cold.

The room vibrated while we escaped, running through the maze of corridors together.

The Hulk appeared behind us, tearing up the hallway, making my heart pound.

That's going to cost a lot to fix.

I felt my body fly across the room, noticing Banner was responsible for it, his fist raised high in the air.

My back burned upon impact, and I let out a groan in pain.

"Stella!" Nat called out, and I watched the Hulk approach me, raising his hand again, but got knocked off his feet before he could hit me.

Thor.

The two flew into the next room over, and I watched the crew run to safety while Nat and I joined the fight.

"We are not your enemies, Banner! Try to think!" Thor yelled to Bruce, who lifted his fist, lunching Thor with it.

"Get out of here!" Thor boomed to us, but I shook my head.

"We aren't leaving you!" I exclaimed, making Thor laugh.

"I'll be fine! Go find Barton and Loki!"

Nat and I shared a look, giving eachother a short nod before running in different directions.

Her, to find Barton.

Me, to find Loki.

"It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Fury asked, but I didn't respond, leaving the task to Nat.

It was what we agreed, afterall.

"This is Agent Romanoff, I copy."