FIFTEEN

Stella Rogers

"That's so mean!" I exclaimed, faking being hurt while everyone erupted in a chorus of complaint.

"Personally, I think we're all worthy." I said, but a high pitched shrill interrupted out conversation.

"Worthy, no how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Excuse me? You're interrupting." I said, turning around and looking at the culprit, to see a half built robot.

Oh.

"Stark." Steve trailed off, but he was already trying to contact Jarvis, who was unresponsive.

That's not good.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep, or I was a dream?"

I'm too drunk to be able to process this properly.

"My darling, take a step towards me, slowly." Loki whispered, trailing his hand down my forearm and taking my hand in his.

"What are you-" I started, but he carefully guided me backwards, further away from the robot.

He wanted me away from the threat.

"Stay behind me."

"Okay." I whispered, keeping his hand in mine for balance, and Tony tapped his device, trying to get ahead of the problem.

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

"There was a terrible noise and I was tangled in strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy.

Oh dear.

"You killed someone?" Steve asked, and I felt the room grow even Morse tense than it was before.

You'd think this would sober me up a little, but no.

"Wouldn't have been my first call, but down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Loki asked, but Ultron played a tape, Tony's voice filling the room.

"I see a suit of armour around the world."

"Ultron!" Bruce exclaimed, but the robot shook it's head.

Or Ultron, I guess.

"In the flesh."

"What the-"

"Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis, but I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Nat asked, and I saw people reaching for their weapons, before Ultron responded.

"Peace in our time."

Before any of us could say anything, the Iron Legion bots smashed through the walls and attack us, one landing on top of Nat.

Banner raced after her to help her, and Loki grabbed my hand, throwing me over his shoulder and making a dash for the counter.