"Chris, tell me," she insisted

I chewed on my lip and finally looked at her. "Um," I stuttered, "If I tell you, promise me, you won't go storming out of here to kill him."

"Of course I won't," she said with a smile that did not reach her eyes. I knew she was lying, "I just want to know,"

"Okay," I cleared my throat softly. "Baron did,"

She did not even let the words Baron leave my mouth completely before drawing her seat back and marching to the living room to get her leys.

I jumped from the stool and marched in front of her to stop her. "Celine, you promised," I said with my hands spread out to block her from the door.

"Well, this is me breaking that promise. I am going to teach that asshole a lesson he would never forget for doing this to you." she pushed against my hand, trying to get through to the door.

We had a struggle for a few minutes with her trying to get me out of the way and me trying to get her away from the door.

"Okay, okay," I said breathlessly, "you win. But please just listen to me first then decide if you still want to go and murder him." that was the only way to calm her down. If she heard what I had to say about Baron, maybe she would have a rethink.

"And you won't stop me?" she asked, almost breathless too.

"I won't."

"Okay, let's go back to the counter."

"Yeah, lead the way." I knew Celine too well, and I knew I could not trust her to not turn around back to the door the second I turned my back. She was very unpredictable when she was upset.

She led the way, and we resumed our positions on the counter. I took a small bite of the sandwich, and she did the same. I waited to swallow the bite before speaking.

"Why are you even defending him?" She asked between bites.

"Because that man is really dangerous. I can't have you confronting him without really knowing what you're up against." I had to learn that the hard way, and it would not be fair to Celine to drag her into all these after knowing what Baron could do.

"Like hell he is. He has not seen danger until he has met Celine Martin," she said with a hint of pride and anger.

I released a tired breath. "I know that, but please just listen to me."

"I'm listening, tell me why he was at your house last night."

"He came for this month's payment. When I returned from the hotel last night, he was already there."

"So what does that have to do with the way I met your apartment last night?"

I was hoping I would not have to tell her this part. Knowing Celine, I knew she could not stand to hear that a woman was being forced into a sexual relationship, much less her best friend. But I had to tell her everything.

"He wanted me to be his whore, in exchange for the loan," I said without missing a beat. There was no need to prolong this conversation, it was hard enough reliving it by telling Celine about it.

She immediately jumped from her stool, but this time she was not headed toward the door. She was at my side in an instant examing my body like a worried mom of a teenage daughter. "The pervert did not do anything to you did he?" I could see the contempt on her face.

"No, I'm fine. I just need to bath with all the disinfectant you have, he was all over me last night." my mind flashed to the way his hands and lips were all over me last night. I would do anything to wipe that memory off my mind.