Chapter 30

Your POV

Once again I threw the ball in the air and jumped, hitting it to the other side. I felt the subtle drip of the sweat down my face. As I went to serve another ball I tripped over my own feet and fell to the floor.

"Dammit."

I rolled over on my back and laid there, attempting to get my breathing under control. At the end of practice coach had said something about a training camp for both the boys and girls teams. We'd get more details tomorrow but she said the participating schools are Nekoma, Fukurodani, Aoba Johsai, and Karasuno.

I wanted to become better before then. To show that I've improv-

"Is the floor that comfortable?" My thoughts were cut off.

I looked over to see my brother walking over to where I was laying. "Maybe it is."

He leaned over me, "Sheesh. I don't think a face mask can fix this one."

"Oh fuck off." I swatted him out of my face. He only laughed. "Did Coach Nekomata tell you about the training camp?"

"Sure did." He sat down beside me on the floor. "It's just a couple weeks before nationals and we'll be there a week."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before he stood up and held out his hand. "Come on. I'm not carrying you home."

I grabbed his hand and about halfway of pulling me up he let go making me fall back down.

"Fuck you!" I flipped him off and stood up on my own.

"Uh-huh. Come on let's clean up."

Fifteen minutes later we were leaving the school and walking home. The cool air felt good on my skin.

I would've practiced longer but I knew he wouldn't let me and I didn't want to argue right now. After a 10 minute walk we finally made it home, but when I walked in I saw Kou sitting on one couch and Hikari laying across the other.

Hikari noticed my expression. "Don't look so surprised. I know where your spare key is."

I only shrugged and sat my bag down and took off my shoes. Kou stood up and I walked over, wrapping my arms around him. "Mmh, you're warm."

I heard Hikari stand up and walk over and I unwrapped myself from Kou.

She stared at me, "It's been two and a half hours since practice ended." I froze. "You overworked yourself didn't you?" She always knows when I do this. "And after I specifically told you not to."

"For half of an hour Tetsu and I were sitting on the gym floor and cleaning up."

She glanced over to him, "Can confirm." She sighed.

"Fine. You're off the hook. This time." I sighed in relief.

Soon after I went upstairs to take a quick shower and wash all of the sweat off. After I put my clothes on and walked out I saw Kou sitting in the hallway scrolling on his phone.

"What are you doing?"

He looked up at me. "They were being lovey-dovey down there so I came up here." I raised an eyebrow. "And I missed you."

I laughed and held out my hands to pull him up. "Come on." I pulled him up and into a sweet kiss. "Want me to go yell at them?"

"Yes." We laughed.