(a.u.m) Epilogue

3 years later

Byakuya and I were going out to dinner for our 4 year anniversary. He didn't tell me exactly where we were going, but he said to dress nicely. Being me, I chose the nicest thing I had, even though it was hardly comfortable. We had stopped hiring professional drivers awhile ago... well ever since we took off from his fathers place and escaped in a tesla (pretty cool exit if you ask me.)

--------

"You about ready love?" Byakuya asked as I glided into the living room with socks. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me for a minute. "Wow- you look amazing." 

"You don't look too bad yourself mister." I booped him on the nose and ran off to our bedroom to throw on some shoes. 

"You know we might have to actually act our age once we get there!" He called,

"We are acting our age, and I think we're quite mature considering we're only 22!" I quickly called back.

----in teh car----

nobody's pov

Byakuya held her hand close on the way to the restaurant. The truth was, he wasn't as well off as he had been since his father stopped funding his decisions. This was a big deal for him since he'd been saving up for awhile.

They pulled up to the restaurant and were greeting by a bouncer of sorts who guided them to a secured parking spot. (perks of the restaurant I guess.) 

"This is awfully fancy..." Y/n stated,

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, I love it. I just don't know how well I'll fit in."

"You'll do great. You're naturally born to act like royalty."

"Well thank you." They climbed out of the car and started waking up the small set of steps to the building. Y/n immediately noticed it was at least big enough to be a reformed banquet hall. Peaceful fairy lights lined the entrance, leading into a more extravagant hall. They were greeted once again by a member of the staff, ready to seat them and take their entrée orders.

Once they were sat down, they're drinks and entrées were taken note of. 

"I know we just got here, but thank you for this." Y/n thanked him,

"Of course, it's the least I could do for how hard you work. It's incredible to me."

She blushed at the compliment, even though she should be used to it at that point. Well, she thought. 

---------

They had eaten a good portion of their meals, but Byakuya noticed how restless she was getting. 
"Is everything alright?" He asked her,

"Yea I'm good," She gave him an obviously fake smile, hoping he would buy it. She was really enjoying the time with him, but the dress was getting on her nerves.

"I don't believe you."

"Really, I'm fine." He took note of her shifting her dress around and decided it was time to get out there.

"Waiter!" He called over, handing over his card. Y/n didn't protest, especially since she really wanted out of her outfit.

Once they were outside of the restaurant and in the car, Byakuya handed Y/n a bag.

"What's this?" She questioned, 

"A change of clothes. I thought you might want it even though you look beautiful in what you're in now."