Chapter VII

Lisa's POV

"So, when you divide the number of X to the number of samples..."

I groaned as I tried to focus. The teacher's monotonous voice makes this harder than it is. I'm lucky enough to have studied this last year.

I looked around the room, observing my classmates. Some of them looks like they're getting it right, while I could notice some are having a hard time.

I looked at Jennie, she was smiling while listening to the teacher. I bet she understands it. Meanwhile, the girl over there looking like a chipmunk.  Just judging from her hunched back, she is definitely not liking this.

After a few minutes, the bell rang, signaling for lunch break. Everyone groaned, some in disappointment, some in frustration and relief. I noticed everyone taking out their phones so I took it as a sign to take out my Switch.

I quickly opened the Kart Rider, and when I was about to play, the girl who approached me, I think her name was Minnie?

"Lisa, want to grab lunch with my friends? They're waiting in the café not far from here.", she smiled.

"Oh, no thanks. I would like to meet them someday but I can't right now. I need to finish this.", I answered and raised my Switch. I could see disappointment in her eyes but she remained smiling.

"Hey, I promise. I'll go with you some other time okay? My treat!", I told her and made her pinky promise. Sounds childish but I keep them.

She waved goodbye and ran towards the door. I really hope she's okay. As I was about to turn to my controller, I could feel someone staring at me. I looked across the room and saw the chipmunk quickly turn her head.

I looked at Jennie, who was using her phone. She probably saw my interaction with Chaeyoung, so she just motioned me to go.

I stood up hesitantly. I placed my Switch back in my bag, grabbed my phone and wallet before dashing to the school cafeteria.

Luckily, they sell banana milk. I bought three and 2 bags of chips and a sandwich for Jennie. I went back to the room and immediately gave Jennie her milk and sandwich. She smiled at me and looked at the chipmunk with the sad back.

I smiled as I walked towards her. I placed the milk and 2 chips on her desk, making her look up. I crouched, looking at her in the eye, before kissing her forehead and whispering a soft "smile". I smiled widely at her and went back to my seat.

I got my phone and opened my camera app. I saw Chaeyoung grab the chips before stuffing it in her face.

"Hey, Chaeyoung!", I called out before clicking the shutter button. She glared at me and continued eating. I looked at the photo and smiled.

Why does she look so cute? I really wish I can make her mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung's POV

Now why the hell did she do that?

First, she was caring. Then cold, then she was kind again. Why is she so confusing?

I can still feel the heat in my cheeks but I could also feel hunger. After that horrid class, I need to recharge.

I looked at milk and chips she gave me, I grabbed one of the chips before eating them.

"Hey, Chaeyoung!", I heard Lisa call me, so I quickly looked back, only to see her take a picture of me. I glared at her before continuing to eat.

"Why does she look so cute? I really...", I heard her mumble. Heat quickly enveloped my cheeks once again and my heart beat quickened.