Heroes of Chaos Part 3

Percy’s POV

We walked in, the place was enormous! There was several windows, not that it did much good. Outside was just as black as the inside. Chaos snapped his fingers and the place lit up. The light revealed the modern interior. It had a white and sea green love seat that went along with the magenta carpeting that was the exact same color as Chaos’s eyes. I looked down the hallway and noticed a door that had ‘POOL’ written in all caps on it. I smiled. I also noticed two doors. One read ‘Piper’ and the other said ‘Percy’. He then turned around to stare at us as we took the place in.  

“Its amazing.” I told him truthfully. Chaos then smiled.

“I’m glad you like it. The Palace of Chaos will be your home for a very long time. Of course, we can always change the look of things if that is what you desire.” The look in his eyes was sympathetic. I had already decided to trust him once I took him up on his offer, but this just helped things along. Chaos opened his mouth to speak again. “Now then, I did promise you godhood and that is what you shall receive.” He faced the both of us and spoke in a deep timbre.

“Perseus Jackson and Piper McLean, the greatest heroes of your time, I bless you with immortality. You shall now be known as Percy and Piper. The god and goddess of Innocence as well as Malevolence. You shall be the Avengers of the Betrayed and the Protectors of the Wrongly Accused. All show bow before the new gods!” There was a  blinding flash and I screamed in pain. My back was exploding, if the was godhood I didn’t want it.

“Make it stop!” I yelled while tears fell out of my eyes. Chaos looked at me with a grim smile.

“But my child, it is already over.” I stood up and found that he was right. Piper was still on the floor, clutching her arms. I walked over to her and offered her my hand. She accepted and rose as well. The first thing I noticed about her were the wings. They were long, black, and glossy. They were folded neatly down her back. They made her look even prettier if that was possible. Even for a child of Aphrodite, she was special.

“Piper”, I whispered. “Take a look.” I walked her over to the highly reflective windows and she gasped along with me. Piper wasn’t the only one with new additions. I had wings as well. Mine were the same color and texture, but the shape of them was more curved. The tips looked sharp, like they could slice through a diamond and they wouldn’t have a problem. I gently wiggled them. They responded to my slightest thought. Piper followed my lead, I soon was up in the air, and soaring. I didn’t particularly care that I was in Zeus’s domain. Chaos wouldn’t let him hurt me. I wouldn’t let him hurt me. I could feel power coursing through my veins. Out of curiosity I pulled Riptide out and nicked myself. Sure enough, golden ichor spilled out of the wound and I was healed in seconds. I wondered just how powerful I was. I gently landed and asked Chaos. He chuckled.

“You and Piper are the second most powerful beings in the world now. The first being me. You are now two new primidorals.”

5 Years Later

Piper’s POV

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MCLEAN!” Percy shouted as he ran down the hall. I smirked and ran faster.

“You can’t Seaweed Brain! I’m immortal, or did you forget that? Again.” I muttered the last part under my breath. I looked over my shoulder to see him quickly gaining on me. I looked around in desperation. The closest room was the pool. “Dang it.” I whispered. I decided to go in and hide, then hope he wouldn’t find me. I threw the door open and shut it with my magic. I then became invisible and went into the corner. Percy got through my magic easily. He always was more powerful, not that I ever really cared.

“GOTCHA!” He screamed as he ran in while waving Riptide like the lunatic he was. When he noticed I was nowhere to be seen, he frowned, after doing so his lips quickly turned up in his trademark smirk.

“You know Piper,” he said thoughtfully, “I could always flood the room. Then I’d know where you were.” I sighed, he would do it. He had done it before. I waved my hand to become visible again.

“Alright,” I grumbled, “You win.” He laughed and came over.

“I always do.” He chuckled. I scowled. We had been training, like we always did, only this time I had laced his pants with VERY sticky lipgloss, that dried really fast. He had been stuck in his pants while I had doubled over laughing. Eventually he had gotten the idea to control the fluids in the lipgloss and make it runny again. That was when the chase had begun. He snapped me out of my day dream when he doused me with water.

“Next time, I’ll koala you in the pool.” I glared at him. He had been looking down on a demigod recently. A child of Hecate. Her older sister had jumped on her in the pool, while wrapping her arms and legs around her torso, saying she had ‘koaled’ the poor girl. The child then dragged herself, and the sister who was still on her back out of the water, using the pool’s ladder. Her sister was impressed, and the demigod girl had earned Percy’s respect. Percy had also learned the art of the Koala and used it to terrorize me occasionally.

“Fine, no more industrial lipgloss.” I was disappointed. It had been one of the finer things Aphrodite had given me. We had long ago shared our identities with our parents, and they were ecstatic to know that we were still alive, although they had been sworn to secrecy. I heard a loud bang and looked up. Chaos had come raging in. His magenta eyes were flashing with emotion, even though I couldn’t tell exactly what the emotions were.

“Percy, dry Piper off. I have a mission for you two. I’ll see you in the main room once you're finished.” He completed his demand and then stormed back out. I looked over at Percy and he simply shrugged. He came a bit closer and grudgingly tapped my shirt, instantly drying it.

“Well, we better go see what father wants.” Yes, father. He had taken us in and adopted us, after our physical bodies were murdered. We still looked the same but much had changed. Including the fact that to us, Chaos was like another parent. Poseidon and Aphrodite were cool with it, although nothing would’ve changed if they hadn’t.

We walked out of the pool and to the main room. It was the same room we had first seen, it still had the love seat, but there was many more additions. For one thing Percy had insisted on Pac-Man, to remember Leo after he had messed up all of the arcade games in the Big House. Stupid mode was included and Percy played it daily. There was bits and pieces of all of our friends in the room. There was a paintings of hundreds of animals lining the walls, to pay tribute to Frank. There was a fireplace made of gold, where the fire never died down, once again in memory of Leo, but also Hazel. There were two statues of Aurum and Argentum to make us think of Reyna. Lightning bolts were in various places around the palace to remind us of Thalia. In one case scenario a horizontal bolt was used as a towel rack. But the most startling detail about our living quarters had to be the jacket that hung over the fireplace, to represent Nico DiAngelo. Nico had spent the last five years searching for us, since he never felt our spirits enter the Underworld. He burnt his jacket awhile ago, as a sacrifice to the gods to help find our spirits. It ended up here, and we treated it with great care. As I thought Chaos got up and spoke.

“I’m so sorry you two have to do this, but you’re going back to Earth. A great evil is arising.” Percy shrugged and I could see why. We had gone to Earth before, Kampe had gotten out another couple times, and we had to take care of her. It was no big deal. Chaos looked at us and spoke again with apology clear in his eyes.

“Its not just anywhere on Earth, you have to go to Camp Half-Blood.”

I broke down sobbing.