The future

Three years later...

"Wow, y/n, you look beautiful." I greeted y/n as she entered the restaurant for our date night.

Tonight is the night I am going to propose to her. I am frightened, but she said that one day we will get married. Hopefully now is a good time.

Her Dad gave me permission. Even if he didn't, I would still marry her.

"Thank you, Scotty. You don't look too bad yourself."

We enjoyed our meal on the balcony, being able to look out to the sea, the stars and the moon.

"I've just got one more thing to do before we go," I said, shaking.

"Yeah, what is it, Tommy?"

"y/f/n, you have changed my life so much. You've made me feel complete. You have made me the best version of myself; you've made me a whole. You came in and showed me light in a room filled with darkness, showed me an exit when I couldn't find one and showed me security when there was none to be found. By saying all of this, I mean that I want you to be mine forever." I got down on one knee, pulling the ring out of my pocket. "So, y/f/n, will you make me the happiest man on the planet? Will you be my wife? Will you marry me?"

Tears brimmed y/n's eyes when I finished my speech. This is the moment of my life. "Oh my god, YES! YES! OF COURSE!"

I came to her and hugged her. Once y/n had dried a few of her tears, U placed the ring on her ring finger on her left hand. It fit perfectly. To close the night, we sealed it with a passionate kiss (and something which should be kept in the bedroom).

No Control by One Direction must have been playing in the morning. That's all I'm gonna say.

When we told the lads and the public, Dan and Bruno were going mental. They, possibly, were unable to handle the fact that their ultimate ship was together, and for the rest of their lives.

-----

One year from the proposal...

y/n entered the church hall, looking beautiful in her white wedding dress. Tears filled my eyes as her father brought her down the aisle. I whispered a small wow, but it was loud enough for her to hear it.

"You look so beautiful."

"You look charming."

"Today we are gathered here for the wedding of Scott McTominay and y/f/n. We may begin with the vows."

I got a small piece of paper from out of my pocket. "y/n, ever since the day I first met you, I knew you were the one. Even when there have been many bumps in the road, we always have made everything back to normal. You are the world to me, and knowing that I will have you by my side can only make me happier. Though it may be me giving you your cup of tea the second you wake up, or when you need me to hold your hair back when you're ill, I will always be there for you."

"I had a piece of paper, but I left it in the car like an idiot, so I'll just have to say it from the heart. Scott, ever since you let me stay with you during a time where a form of shelter was lost, I knew that we would have this special bond. It has made me a better person, mentally and physically. You have shaped my life into a wonderful piece of art. You are up there with the best. I will always help and support you whenever you need me to. To be standing here, with our friends and family and being able to tie us forever, shows how special you are. You are amazing, and I will do what you need me."

I had to wipe his eyes, as tears were practically flowing down my cheeks. y/n said that on the spot, she is amazing.

"Do you, Scott McTominay, take y/f/n, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do." I said, strongly.

"And do you, y/f/n, take Scott McTominay, to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Any objections, or forever hold your peace." No one responded. "You may now kiss the bride."

My lips found hers in seconds. y/n could taste the slight hint of the salty tears which fell down my face, and I tasted hers.

When we eventually pulled away, I whispered, "I love you, Mrs McTominay."

"I love you too, Mr McTominay. My Tommy."

"My y/n/n. My Queen."

"My King."

The night was amazing, our first dance went better than expected, considering we decided to just go with the flow, with little dancing experience.

I think Dan cried the whole night because his 'one true pairing' was a reality.

Our honeymoon destination was your/desired/honeymoon, and everything went to plan.

-----

One year and nine months (😉) after the wedding...

"Scott! My waters just broke!" y/n screeched from the living room.

I came rushing in, looking for my phone. "Oh my god! I'm calling an ambulance!"

Five hours later...

"One more push!" The midwife told her. y/n was leaving nail marks on my palm. I couldn't think of the pain that she was going through.

I could see that she gave as much as she could. y/n sighed, full of relief, once she heard the cry of our newborn baby. My eyes began to fill with tears, I am now a proud father.

"It's a your/child/gender!"

We named our child your/child/name and our family of three was complete.

-----

Seven years later...

Today is my last game for Manchester United. What a rollercoaster it has been. My wife is my manager, and I'm soon going to be joining her in the coaching staff.

We ended up winning 3-0, with myself ending my career on a hat-trick.

y/c/n was over the moon to find me after the game. y/n joined our hug, everything is complete.

Our lives are idyllic, and I couldn't ask for a better wife than y/n or a better child than y/c/n.

I love you.