20. Gifts

Scar's POV ~
When I returned to my room, it had gotten late and Blaise and Pansy must've left my room after leaving all of my gifts against the wall.

I quickly unwrapped everything and then sat and admired the mountain of gifts.

I received a friendship ring and boots from Pansy, a journal from Theo, a dragon plushie from Blaise which was accompanied by a card with writing scratched across reading, "*cough* Draco *cough*."

I smiled at Blaise's antics but refused to let Draco read the card. I received a plentiful amount of chocolates and candies from mostly everyone.

A few books here and there, some money, and even some handmade crafts. (not that i'd do anything with them).

I soon turned to Draco who was holding a small green box that was wrapped in beautiful green wrappings. I opened the gift to reveal an emerald-cut necklace.

The emerald was held to the chain by a golden snake and my eyes widened at the sight, "Draco you shouldn't have!"

He rolled his eyes and smirked, "You're worth it, plus they have a no refund deal so you cannot give it back." I quickly stood up and walked to my standing mirror and unclasped the chain.

Struggling to clasp the necklace, Draco chuckled and walked over behind me. Reaching up, he took the necklace from my hands as he secured the piece around my neck.

As I admired the necklace in the mirror, his hands started to fall down to my arms. I turned around and met his swirl grey eyes. I laughed quietly to myself and fell into a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank you," I whispered into his ear as he relaxed into the hug.

"This reminds me, I have something for you."

I walked over to my dresser while he watched me move gracefully. I pulled out a box and hand it to him. When he opened the box inside sat a ring. A nice silver ring with a snake emblem wrapped around to make the design intricate.

He placed it on his fingers and joked around, "I, Malfoy Lucius Draco, do take you."

"Hahaha. Draco we're thirteen, that was a horrible joke." I began to clean up as I rolled my eyes at his dancing to no music.

As the night grew late, Draco had helped me finish cleaning. He said his goodbyes and left for his room.

I quickly showered and changed into the same quidditch sweatshirt I still possessed that belonged to Draco.

I worse grey sweats and put my hair into a messy bun

I worse grey sweats and put my hair into a messy bun. I pulled out my glasses and began to write about my day in the journal Theo got me.

Dec 18. 1993

I woke up today and was told I've been asleep for a month. I missed my birthday, (Nov. 13) but everyone threw me a party and I got loads of presents. Another thing is that my powers are getting out of hand. I can create smoke now?? I learned that things happen when I get mad as my eyes change from lilac to red, or how smoke will just appear from my hands. Also, dementors respect me, they listen to me.

When I woke up from my deep slumber, he was there. Crying nonetheless. He said he needed me and couldn't lose me, well I need him too. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost Draco. I've known him forever and I'm starting to catch feelings, but I don't believe he feels the same. I mean Draco didn't leave my side at all today, he even got me a beautiful emerald necklace. But maybe that's just him being a really good-

"Can I stay here tonight?" I looked up from writing and no one other than Draco Malfoy was standing in the doorway.

I gave him a questioning glance, "Crabbe and Goyle blew up my room and seeing as it's after midnight the house-elves can't fix it. So can I?"

I laughed and moved over making room on my bed. He closed the door and made himself comfortable beside me. I shut my journal and put it away locking the drawer I shut it in.

"What was that?" he asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just some notes, nothing to worry about." I then went to open the window for Lei in case she decided to come in the morning.

Placing my wand under my pillow, I noticed Draco staring at me, "Take a photo is lasts longer."

I smirked removing my glasses, "You're wearing my shirt again," he countered and he pulled me into bed, landing beside him.

"You dork! Let me go!" I laughed and he tickled me even harder, "I- I can't- I can't breathe!"

At that he let me go and laid down beside me. Both of us still laughing quietly faced the ceiling of my canopy. I quickly grabbed my wand and spelled a beautiful night sky to appear above us.

Slowly I fell asleep to the twinkling lights and soon felt arms wrap around my waist pulling me close.