28. Did you have fun?

It took me a few moments to realise what had just happened.

Once I picked myself together, I raced out of the hall trying to find Acacia. When I reached the parking lot I watched her get into a grey Aston Martin. She made eye contact with me, she smirked then saluted as she drove away.

I was now stood in the parking lot, on my own in the dark.

To add to my great night, it began to rain.

"Wonderful." I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone. I dialled Enzo's number.

"Hey sorellina." He spoke first, "Can you come get me please."

"Of course, I'm on my way now." I smiled and nodded before realising he couldn't see me. "Ok see you in a sec."

I hung up and sat on a bench, it would have made more sense to go back inside and wait. But I decided against being sane and I waited in the rain.

Once I saw Enzo pull up, I stood up, noticing my dress was already three shades darker due to it being so wet.

Without saying a word, I got into the car.

"You have fun?" Enzo broke the silence.

Did I have fun? I mean... I had that time-stopping kiss.

When we kissed. Her warm and soft lips that graced across my mouth, had scarred me. Had made me want to drown with her lips, in the ocean of our kiss.

The taste of her sweet kiss lingered on my lips like the smell of summer rain that fills the air.

I brushed my fingers across my lips, closing my eyes. Picturing her beautiful laugh, her beautiful eyes, her beautiful aura, her beautifulness.

We had also danced till my feet were ready to fall off.

She had become my heart's dancing partner, and I could dance with her forever and ever. I always hated dancing as I felt like a fool, but there I was spinning round and round in circles like a fool.

I realised that even if the whole world was watching, I'd still dance with her.

I recalled reading something that I used to not understand. It stated, 'The universe is a dance, as is the galaxy and our own solar system. The orbits, and the spinning of the planets, are nothing more than a different dance. The motion of oceans, seas, lakes and rivers are as a dance. Clouds passing overhead, the same. Animals and their interactions, regardless of what is happening, is a dance. Even if we get into the subatomic realms of quanta, there is a dance.'

I think I never understood it because I didn't understand the intimacy of dance and how beautiful it really was, that was until tonight when I danced with Acacia. She made the simple act of dancing feel like a complex and intimate action. She made dancing with her feel like the most connected movement in all of the extended multi-verse.

She had a talent of making everything she did, beautiful. Every action she performed, every word she spoke, every step she took...everything she did. Beautiful.

Especially her laugh.

Acacia's laugh was love at first sight to the blind man in a dark cave.

It was the way that she laughed, and had made me laugh, that had made me knew I wanted her in my life.

I had laughed and smiled with her more tonight than I had with anyone in such a long time.

Yet, she left?

I was just confused as to why.

Did I do something wrong?

Did I ruin my chances with her?

I thought we had had an amazing night, but she walked away.

But she walked away with a smile?

I need to talk to her.

Would it be too needy if I called her now? Yes.

But then again-

"Earth to Charlotte." Enzo broke me from my thoughts. I looked at him, "Hmm? What did you say?" I was a tad bit embarrassed.

"I asked if you had a good night?" he softly chuckled.

I looked at him, still unsure of my answer, but yet the pros outweighed the cons.

So, I simply replied, "Yeah." Before turning up the stereo and closing my eyes.