Chapter Forty-Three

Nine Months Later...

Sabrina sat in front of a mirror and brushed away another tear. Jennifer was going to be so mad that she was crying again after she had applied her makeup for the second time. She smiled, marveling at the one-shouldered white dress Grandma Zora chose for her. Small Chiffon and lace flowers lined with Swavorsky Crystals rested on the sleeve. A small tiara decked with crystals sat in the midst of her coils. She rubbed her round protruding belly and took a deep breath. This was the day.

Amber walked inside the dressing room and sat beside her. She kissed the side of Sabrina's cheek. "Are you ready, sister-in-law?"

Sabrina looked at her and smiled. "I think so."

"You better be, Sabrina Lee," Jennifer said, running inside the room. "You're going to be walking down that aisle in another twenty minutes or so."

Another tear slide down her cheek. Sabrina fanned herself, trying to keep the tears at bay. "I just need a few more minutes, and I'm good."

Jennifer pursed her lips while sliding her flower-shaped earrings into her ears and shook her head. "Sabrina, if I've got to fix this makeup one more again, sis."

Sabrina giggled. "You don't have to, Jen."

"I hope not," she replied, smiling. "Besides, you're already glowing, and I need to glow like you so that Edward will see my shin, girl."

Amber placed her hand on her hip and smiled. "I see why Grandma Zora said you two were joined at the hip."

Jennifer flashed a wide smile. Brushing off the lent and wrinkles from her pastel blue strapless dress, she swayed her hips from side to side as she walked toward them. "Amber, girl, you just don't know."

Sabrina shook her head while smiling. "In other words, Amber, we're like yin and yang."

Jennifer nodded. "Like two peas in a pod."

Hearing a knock at the door, they all turned. Grandma Zora stepped inside and smiled at the three of them. She covered her mouth as she walked toward them. She stood by Sabrina and hugged her. 

"Oh my goodness, Sabrina," she said, standing back from her. Taking both hands into her own, she smiled, shaking her head. "You are so beautiful."

"Thank you, Grandma," Sabrina sniffled, then smiled. Standing from the seat, she held her stomach and took a deep breath. "I hope little man isn't being impatient."

Amber raised an eyebrow. "Um, when is my nephew due again?"

"A week from now," Sabrina said. She waddled toward the bed and grabbed her bouquet. She smiled at her. "Don't worry, Amber. I'm okay."

Amber adjusted her necklace that matched the silver rhinestones on her pale blue dress and walked toward Sabrina. Placing her ear on Sabrina's stomach, she smiled. "Okay, Nathaniel. Please be patient. That's all auntie wants."

Sabrina laughed. "If he's anything like your brother, he may do the opposite."

Amber stood up from her stomach and shook her head. "Oh my God. Please don't say that. Eli can drive me up a wall sometimes."

Hearing another knock at the door, they all turned around. Lori peeped her head inside the room, then stepped inside. She covered her mouth and shook her head. Whimpering, she walked toward Sabrina and took her into her embrace. "You are so beautiful."

Grandma Zora smiled, then wiped away a fleeting tear from her eye. "Isn't she though."

Lori smiled. "I couldn't agree more. Oh! The wedding coordinator said that we've got ten minutes left. We've got to start lining up soon."