"and how are we gonna do that?" you questioned as you stepped out beside of him. both of your voices were low to the point only you both could hear each other and the rest was just the wind brushing by, rustling the fallen leaves and light traffic heard afar.

eren smirked, "the wall isn't too high so i'll help you up and over, the fall to the other side isn't as bad either but if you're too scared to jump over, wait for me. i'll run and jump as fast as i can and then we'll finally leave."

you nodded your head still with hesitation. you didn't know if this was actually going to work, but you wanted to try it at least. eren was the first to climb down from your balcony and you scanned around for any guards. whenever eren reached the ground, he looked up and gestured you to come down. the height of your balcony to the ground wasn't dangerously high, so you hid your fear and climbed off before accidentally slipping. you tried not to scream and thankfully eren was able to catch you.

eren chuckled while you avoided his gaze from the embarrassment of slipping and he carried you throughout the entire short walk through the tall trees. guards haven't even been seen yet, which was odd to you but the thought quickly slipped away once you and eren reached the wall that guarded your home.

the male puts you back down on your feet before glancing to each side and he first threw the bag of your things to the other side and a light thud sound was heard. eren looked at you and you shook your head, indicating that it was alright since you didn't have anything that was glass or precious enough to not break— except your phone but you placed it in a secured section.

eren grabbed your hand and led you to the wall before lifting you up so that you were sitting on his shoulders. the balance was unsteady for a quick seconds but eren had a strong grip around your thigh so you wouldn't fall. you sighed lightly in relief and you were shocked to see how you could easily touch the top of the wall with your current height. you had to lift your upper body up with all of your strength and climbed over, before jumping down to the other side.

soon enough after you landed on the other side of the wall, you watched as eren jumped over and landed right next to you. he had a little smile on his face and you did too.

"i didn't expect you to be brave and jump off like that," eren chuckled and you rolled your eyes as you picked up your bag that was on the ground.

"i'm not that scared," you said before you reached out to hold eren's hand.

thus, eren began to lead you towards his car that he had parked quite a distance away from your home. you both quickly entered the car and eren started the engine of his vehicle, before driving off. you were absolutely astonished yet happy to know that this entire thing succeeded— you were actually running away with eren.

you thought about your family and friends for a moment— your mother, ymir, jean, sasha and connie. you wondered how they would react to your sudden disappearance and felt sad that you didn't say anything to them before leaving. but you told yourself that once you were in new york, you would tell them you were somewhere safe and happy.

your father would probably become furious at your actions— especially reiner. but you honestly didn't care about him anymore. once you were married to eren, he couldn't do anything about it. you and reiner's engagement were just arranged with force anyway, it didn't matter, at least not to you.

the road was quiet and not really filled with cars. eren's hand was held over yours and his grasp around it hardened while his eyes pierced on the road ahead of him. you glanced at him before turning to the window beside of you and viewed out at the darkness.

"whenever we get to new york, what should we do first?" you suddenly questioned, gazing over at eren.

eren smiled and glanced at you for a quick moment before looking away again at the road. "get married," he answered and you chuckled lightly.

"after we get married, we'll find a house just perfect for the both of us," eren continued, you both kept your smiles glued onto your face and you proceeded to listen to his words. "then.. we can travel all around the states together and maybe have little ones when we're ready?" he said, turning back to you and looked down at your stomach then into your eyes.

you blushed, averting your eyes away and cleared your throat. "yeah, sure."

eren snickered as he turned away. your smile returned to your face once you relaxed yourself and stared down at the diamond ring inserted on your ring finger. you could imagine yourself walking down the aisle in a imposing wedding gown, you and eren both cutting your slices of cake, and saying yours vows to one another. you could imagine it all, and so did eren.

but unfortunately, tragedy was waiting ahead for both you and eren.

you both were passing another road that crossed the one you were in and you noticed another car driving— in full rapid speed towards eren's side. you and eren both looked at the speeding car and your eyes widened when you realized it would hit eren's car. everything was going by so quick that eren didn't have time to process and try to get you both out of there. and even if he could, there wouldn't be enough time.

"eren—" you called out but before any reaction, the other car slammed right into eren's.

it all happened so fast.

your eyes immediately fluttered open right after the violent collision. your body was in the worse absolute pain and you saw eren beside of you, completely knocked out from the crash. blood was dripping down his face and staining his clothes, while hundreds of broken glass from the window on his side rested on his body. your hands were shaking and your eyes looked down at his hand that was a few inches away from yours.

you reached out for his hand, hot tears streaming down from your eyes as you held it in yours. eren's hands were becoming much colder than before and you lifted your gaze back up at him. from the distance in your view, the car that had crashed into yours quickly reversed away and sped off.

"eren.." you called out weakly, your voice sounding hoarse and broken.

just then, another car arrived and parked behind of eren's. you heard the sound of the drivers side door open to the other car and heard footsteps approaching to eren's side. you tried to call out to them but no words would come out, a tall figure soon stood beside of the car in eren's side. their gaze looking directly at you.

your vision was blurry and you couldn't make out who the person was.

"don't think you can get away that easily, (y/n)," were the last words you heard before your eyes closed shut and you completely passed out.

𖤐

sooooo 😃

NEW MHA SEASON IS NOW OUT IM EXCITED WOOP WOOP 🙌🙌