"(y/n)—" you heard your mother's voice appear from the other side of your bedroom door, making you jolt up from surprise and stuffed the items in the bag you carried. it surprisingly fit but you quickly changed your expression to a more calmed and relaxed one whenever your mother opened the door to your room, peeking her head in. when you met eyes, she gave you a smile before speaking again, "eren's outside waiting for you."

"oh-" you uttered, giving her a smile as well. "alright, i'll be out in a minute," you added to which your mother nodded and left the room. you sighed softly as you gave yourself one last look at yourself and left the room.

you walked down the stairs and said a quick goodbye to your mother before heading out of the house. you saw eren's car parked out and a tall male figure leaning against the drivers' side door, hands in the pockets of his shorts while his gaze was gazing up at the morning blue sky.

EREN'S ATTIRE

eren looked absolutely perfect and you caught yourself staring at his broad back for a couple long moments

eren looked absolutely perfect and you caught yourself staring at his broad back for a couple long moments. you could see that the male had a soccer ball in his hands, you watched as he moved the ball side to side with both of his hands before dropping it down and juggling it with his foot and knee a few times. the male really has some excellent talent in the sport and a smile grew on your face as you observed. eren turned around when he stopped juggling the ball, his teal green eyes directly meeting yours and a warm smile appeared on his face.

"(y/n)!" eren beamed when he called out your name, he instantly sped walk towards you as he held the soccer ball in one hand. "morning darling. how long have you been standing there?" he threw in the question, his enticing smile still tugged on the corners of his lips.

"quite for some minutes. i just couldn't help but stare at you," you answered with a little smirk appearing on your lips while still keeping eye contact with him. eren blushed but rolled his eyes while shaking his head in a playful way before leading you to the front passenger side door, opening it and gesturing for you to get in. you thanked him before getting in and he shut the door as you got in before rushing over to the drivers side to get in himself.

once eren entered the vehicle, he sent you a glance before handing you the soccer ball and it gently fell onto your lap. he then started the car and placed his two hands on the steering wheel, he informed you that the drive to the high school was quite some time since it was on the other side of the city but you didn't mind at all. most of your attention was at the soccer ball sitting on your lap, the ball surprisingly looked in good condition despite all of the torture it was given.

every time you looked at a soccer ball, all of the not so exciting memories of you on the field playing soccer with your classmates during gym period played in your mind. when you were in the third grade, you remembered striking the ball with all of your strong force on your leg and scored many goals. but as you grew up, it quickly changed. in your sophomore year, you remembered walking on the track with a couple other girls while a group of boys played soccer. one of the juniors playing kicked the ball and it launched all the way up towards you and smacked you on the side of your face. it was embarrassing, honestly.