𝙁𝙄𝙉

That day the sky seemed to cry endlessly

   That day the sky seemed to cry endlessly. As time progressed the pattering of the rain grew heavier. It was the sky mourning for the lives that had been taken far too soon.

Sasha hugged her knees tightly against her chest as she sobbed along with the sky, leaning against the concrete gravestone. Her shoulders trembled with an endless stream of hot tears came rolling down her face.

" Y/N Ivanov,
Graduate of the 104th, A beloved
soldier who fought valiantly until
the very end. "

Connie buried his fingers deep into his pockets, averting his gaze towards the dampened soil he stood on. He inhaled sharply, "Sasha we need to go back. It's pouring out here and we could potentially catch a cold if we stay here."

"Hold on," She dug into her pocket, fishing out a loaf of bread that was completely wrapped in a white cloth. Sasha gently placed it down on top of your grave, her frown twisting up to a weak crooked smile. "I'll leave her this at least. She loved eating toast in the morning."

Connie chuckled brushing the back of his hand against his cheek, wiping the little droplets of tears on his face. "You always managed to steal a huge bite of her bread whenever you saw her eating it."

"Yeah," She whispered quietly as she felt another wave of tears rush to her eyes. "I won't steal a single bite this time Y/N, so you can eat all of it if you'd like." She lifted her gaze up, staring up into the dark sky.

"Man," Connie breathed out, wiping his sleeve over his nose. "Jean should've at least come with us to visit her grave. That idiot wouldn't come out of his room when I knocked. Her death hit him really hard, these two were like soul mates."

She nodded slowly and flicked her eyes over to her best friend. "He'll come here on his own. He just doesn't want us to see him as an emotional mess."

At that, Connie managed to push out a soft laugh. "You're probably right. Let's just go back, Y/N is probably tired of us being here. We've been here for nearly three hours."

The corners of Sasha's lips pulled up into a soft smile as the shape of her eyes became slight crescent moons. She pushed herself off the ground, padding down her long olive coat of any dirt that had managed to latch onto it.

"I'm going to go bother Niccolo for some more food."

Connie rolled his eyes, his lips quirking up into an amused grin. "Of course you will."

   Hours later Jean finally dropped by the cemetery to visit your grave. In his arms he held a bouquet of yellow roses, your long coat, and a picture frame displaying a sketch he had drawn of you three years ago when you had disappeared for a long period of time.