·  ·  ·  · 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

This nightmare. There was no end. You felt like you were stuck. You couldn't open your eyes no matter how hard you tried. The sun never rose, everything was shrouded in complete darkness. Not even the moon was visible in your nightmare.

Screams of terror ripped through the streets as huge chunks of concrete crashed onto the floor. Silhouettes of men, women, and children sprinted past you. In front of you was a large boulder, half of a body underneath it.

"Little bird get as far away as you can from Shiganshina." The strained voice of a man called out to you. He was merely a silhouette but the way he spoke to you with so much love, that nickname 'little bird'. Was it you?

You widened your eyes as tears welled up in your eyes. You were completely speechless. You didn't know him but your heart felt like it was being torn apart seeing his silhouette.

"That's ***** little girl!" A tall figure rushed towards you and scooped you up in his arms. "Y/N it's no longer safe here, we need to go!"

Your vision became cloudy. You grew lightheaded. Suddenly the man stopped and looked towards the wall behind him. You followed his gaze and saw something truly horrific.

A large figure, taller than the wall surrounding you. It emitted steam and it's eyes were glowing a sinister shade of red. The man who was carrying you shielded your eyes from the sight and continued running.

"I'm not letting you die. I promise not to let him die in vain." He clenched his jaw and picked up his pace.

You buried your face into the man's jacket, gentle sobs escaping your quivering lips. "I'm scared.."

"I know." He breathed out, stroking the back of your head with his hand. "You'll make it out little one."

The kind stranger pushed you through a sea of desperate people. He brought you to the front and explained your situation to two silhouettes guarding the boat. They nodded and quickly made an entry way for you.

A pair of gentle hands grabbed onto yours and pulled you forward. "Thank goodness you made it." The voice of a little boy soothed your ears, your shoulders relaxed in his embrace.

"You must have been so scared." He lead you over towards an empty spot on the boat and seated you against the wall. "You haven't seen— E***, M*****!"

The boy quickly brought over two more children. They were all about your size and you figured they were around your age. One wore a red scarf around their neck.

"Look who made it!" The boy who had approached you earlier showed you to his friends.

"Y/N," A feminine voice breathed out. She kneeled in front of you, although they were all just silhouettes you could see their mouths move. She gave you a warm smile.

Suddenly a loud noise sounded through the streets. You stumbled to your feet and bolted to the edge of the boat. In the distance you had seen another large figure, this one wasn't as big as the other one but this silhouette also had a crimson glow in their eyes. It had ran through the wall and made a hole.

It turned it's head and stared at you. Your heart dropped, it's jaw dropped open, emitting smoke. Suddenly an image of Reiner's face flashed through your eyes. You covered your mouth and shook your head.

"Snap out of it Y/N!" A pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer.

Your eyes flung open. The nightmare was finally over. You woke up in the arms of Reiner. Tears continued to rolls down your cheeks. You tightly gripped onto the back of his shirt.