·  ·  ·  · 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

Exasperation painted over your face as you intensely stared into the War Chiefs' face gnashing your teeth together. If there was anything you hated most, it was being lied to. Although you could claim yourself as a hypocrite because you often would lie about your whereabouts when Reiner asked because you didn't want to concern him.

"What?" You spat out as tears of irritation glossed over your E/C irises. You jutted forward slightly before being blocked by Yelena's arm. She looked down at you with creased eyebrows and a small frown on her face.

"We're moving the date up. We've found an opportunity to pull through with this plan sooner." Zeke explained once more through the cigarette held between his teeth. He crossed his arms over his chest, avoiding your gaze. "I know you're angry but the sooner we do this, the less problems we'll have."

You pushed her arm away sending her a small infuriated gaze. Yelena's eyes slightly widened as her shoulders tensed at the unexpected look you had given her. She dropped her gaze to the floor, the color in her eyes growing darker.

"That's complete bullshit. I would've understood if it was a couple days but the date was pushed up an entire fifteen days?" Your fingers curled into fists, your nails digging into your skin. Your body had already felt like it was on fire so you didn't even notice that your fingers had penetrated your skin enough to make it start bleeding.

Yelena immediately fished out her handkerchief from her pocket upon seeing the crimson fluids pour from your hands. She hesitantly grabbed your wrist and pried your hand open but before she could tend to the wound you harshly pulled your hand away.

"You're bleeding—" She said in a rushed voice but was silenced by your fiery gaze.

"Does that really matter right now?" You laughed bitterly bending your fingers in and out, staring at your tainted skin. "This is unbelievable. I need more time Zeke!"

"I have my reasons Y/N. Unless you want to be killed here I suggest you comply to my decisions. It won't be my hands doing the killing, it'll be the soldiers in this internment camp." He took off his glasses and knitted his eyebrows at you with impatience coursing through his veins. Zeke's dull colored hues burned at your skin.

"And I didn't lie to you. I just seized an opportunity for your sake." He continued, leaning his body over the wooden desk. "Why can't you get that into your head? I'm doing you a favor by bringing you back to where you belong."

You opened your mouth to lash out at him again but a wave of realization hit you. Immediately you closed your mouth, clenching your jaw in pure agitation. Admitting it was hard enough, but Zeke was right. You couldn't be picky because he was doing you the favor of bringing you back home. He had every right to rat you out to the Marleyan Government but he's kept his lips sealed.

Did you even have the right to be angry with Zeke? After all, he was the one who was helping you.

You withdrew a deep breath, bringing your eyes to your shoes. Your mind was now merely a blank slate. You swallowed the thick lump in your throat to suppress the tears that were begging to be released from your eye sockets. The tall blonde dropped her hands to her side, a empathetic look appearing on her pale face.

Zeke took the burnt out cigarette out of his mouth, tossing it inside a pile of ashes. He regained his composure, the creases on his face disappearing in an instance. "Ten days. That's all you have."

The reminder felt like blades cutting into your heart. You silently nodded, blinking your tears away. Without another word you turned on the heels of your shoes and placed your hand on the knob, turning it slightly and pulling it open all the way. Your heart nearly dropped when you found Reiner's tall figure standing on the other side of the door.