Chapter 7: Messy, Messy

Colleen didn't necessarily have a low self-esteem, but she definitely had moments she felt invisible. She stood at 5 ft 2 with shoulder length mousy brown hair, and dark green eyes. She was curvy, and attractive, but she didn't always feel that way. So while she waited for Frank in this super cute Mexican restaurant, she texted Cam for advice.

Colleen: What if he's a dick?

Cam: Then leave? Are you freaking out? You look great, and bring a lot to the table. So don't stress.

Colleen: I know but like he's my celebrity crush. And what if things suck? I don't know if I can look at him again!

Cam: Coll, stop freaking out and enjoy.

Cam was happy Colleen was going out with Frank. Maybe that meant he would get over her. And ironically enough, she wasn't jealous either. That's just how Cam rolled.

Colleen was about to text her something else, when Frank made his presence known.

"Hey pretty girl! How are you?"

Colleen's voice got caught in her throat...Frank looked like a snack and a half. He had on black skinny jeans, Converse, and black dress shirt that had a few buttons undone and a leather jacket. His hair was perfect like last time, giving her a perfect view of his neck tats.

"Hey." she said meekly standing up to greet him. As he wrapped his arms around her body, she took in his scent. He then presented her with a bouquet of red roses.

"I love red roses!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah? They are one of my favorite flowers too. Plus my daughter loves flowers already. Can't keep her away from a cute sunflower."

Colleen was gonna lose it. He was talking about his daughter, and this was so wholesome.

"Can I ask a question?"

"Sure babe, fire away."

"Where's her mom?"

Franks face dropped. "That's a bit complicated. We are divorced, and she's in jail."

She is convicted cop killer, but you don't need to know that.

Colleen raised an eyebrow, and was shocked. She wanted to ask more questions, but didn't want to seem intrusive.

"I don't wanna be rude Frank, I'm sorry if I upset you..."

Frank stopped her. "It's not common knowledge that I share, or want out there. You didn't know. It's ok."

Colleen breathed a sigh of relief.

"We can talk about other things," he started. Let's talk about you."

The date seemed like it was gonna be a good one for both parties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The food and conversation was great.

Afterwards, Frank drove her to a quiet spot on the river that had a great view of the city. You could see the Manhattan skyline, as well as buildings lit up.

"Oh  I have never been here!"

"It's rad right? Not many folks know about this place."

Colleen got closer to Frank on the hood of his car. She wanted to kiss him. And asked for consent... and did It.

The kiss was sweet, and slow, and even Frank was taken aback.

She's a good kisser, but she's not Cam, or even Lori or Tom.