Chapter 8.

Gun is in his classroom. It is now lunch break but Gun does not feel like going to the cafeteria. So he continues to sit in his classroom and eat. Gun is not alone. There are a few other students who also have lunch in the classroom. But there are not many.

At that moment the classroom door opens. Tay and New walk into the classroom. They walk to Gun's table and grab two chairs. They sit with Gun. "We were looking for you." Tay says. He takes his food from his bag. "Sorry. I don't feel like sitting in the cafeteria." Gun says. Tay smiles. "I understand. That's why we are here now." Tay says. Gun smiles.

And then suddenly Off enters the room. A few girls start to giggle. Tay gives Off a hard look. Off approaches them. "Are you deaf? I told you to stay away from us." Tay says. "Do you think I'm listening to that?" Asks Off. He takes a chair and sits down with them. "Off. Get out. Now." Tay says. Off shakes his head.

"I will not leave until everything is okay between us." Says Off. Tay starts to laugh. "Then you can wait a long time." Tay says. "Fine. I have the time anyway." Says Off. He crosses his arms.

"Why do you think everything will be okay between us? You are mean to my best friend. That doesn't make everything right between us right away. Whoever gets to my best friend will get to me." Tay says. Off sighs. He looks at Gun. "Sorry." Says Off. Tay raises an eyebrow. "Are you serious now?" Tay asks. Off nods.

"I mean it sarcastically, you idiot. I can tell from your whole tone that you don't mean it." Tay says. Off sighs deeply. "I'm serious." Says Off. "I'm not stupid, Off. You just say this now so that we can be okay again. You will have to do better if you want us to be okay again." Tay says.

"Tay, please." Says Off. He looks at Tay pleadingly. Tay shakes his head. "No. You should know that you just have to try harder if you want to make amends with someone." Tay says. Off remains silent. "I'm really sorry." Says Off. "Then you have to prove that first." Tay says. "But I forgive Off." Gun suddenly says.

Off looks at Gun. "See? That lo- eh Gun forgives me." Off quickly recovers. Tay shakes his head. "You almost wanted to call him loser again." Tay says and then he looks at Gun. "You shouldn't just forgive him. Off has to do his best this time. He won't get there with just sorry." Tay says. "Off has to prove himself now. He always thinks he can get away with it by saying sorry but sorry isn't enough." Tay says. Gun nods slowly.

Tay looks back at Off. "If you really want us to be okay, then you're going to have to do better than just say sorry. Prove yourself to us and maybe I'll consider that we will be okay again." Tay says. Off swallows but nods anyway.

"All right then." Says Off. He gets up and puts the chair away again. He looks back at Gun's table one more time and then Off walks out of the classroom. Tay sighs deeply. "Why don't you accept his sorry?" Asks New. "Because I've known Off longer than today. Every time he says sorry and promises me he will change. But that never happens. Off always kept doing the same thing again. So now I really want to see that he means it." Tay says. New nods.

"I understand." New says. Tay smiles. They remain silent for the rest of the lunch. As soon as the buzzer sounds, Tay and New say goodbye to Gun and they walk out of the room. Gun sighs and puts everything back in his bag. He takes the book he needs for class from the bag and puts it on his table. Soon the lesson begins.

Off has to prove himself to Tay. How does that end? Will Off really change this time? Or is he still bad boy Off with a reputation? Do you think Tay is right about Off having to prove himself? Or should Tay just forgive Off? Leave your thoughts in the comments.