• | Chapter Thirty-Three | •

Start from the beginning

She shyly looked back at the bed and pushed aside some of her curls from her face that hung beneath her silk headwrap . "Anyway, are you hungry? I can make us an omelette or maybe some french toast?"

"I'll eat whatever you want, baby." He said, watching another contagious smile grow across her face. She loved when he called her that and he knew it. "An omelette does sound good, though."

She stepped away from the bed with a nod as she grabbed her phone from the charger and her red bluetooth speaker. "Okay, come on."

He walked around the bed and took her free hand as she led them out into the hallway. Michael noticed the large white double doors that were closed at the end of the hall and raised a brow. "That's your parents' room?"

She followed his gaze, then nodded. "Yeah."

"Oh," He replied before noticing another door just a few feet away from Riley's room. "What's that one?"

The faint outlines of letters that used to be on the door were still present and he heard her deeply exhale with a squeeze of his hand. He knew right then it was her old brother's room, and he felt bad for bringing it up.

"It's Tristan's. Or was. My parents cleared everything out except the furniture." She said while managing to hold back any emotion in her voice. "I slept in there for a little while after he died. I used to sit in there, too, just to feel close to him again. But ever since they got rid of his things, it just doesn't feel the same."

Michael's lips lingered against her temple and she smiled small as she melted into his arms wrapping around her. His hugs would make her feel like putty within seconds.

She silently took his hand again and led him down the stairs into the kitchen. They parted ways and she set her things aside on one of the counters. Her playlist was set on shuffle as she went over to the fridge to pull out some ingredients. "Do you want anything in particular in your omelette?"

She looked over her shoulder at him and he shook his head. "Surprise me."

He silently watched for a moment while she grabbed everything she needed and wanted, then turned the stove on. He mentally noted she was great at multitasking when she had about three things cooking at once while dicing some bell peppers for the omelette.

His eyes slowly drifted down her toned body and he swiped his tongue over his lips from the sight of her back dimples her raised tank top revealed. He wasn't aware that she had any and it only made him find her sexier than before. Her red Calvin Klein boy shorts hugged her bottom perfectly and popped against her skin, and he was more than tempted to take a flesh-full into his hands.

An amicable smile fell upon his face when he noticed Riley rhythmically moving her body to Paradise by Bazzi. He couldn't deny the song was quite catchy and he found himself bobbing along right with her. Riley glanced over her shoulder at him and softly laughed.

"You like this song?" She asked him and he nodded with a matching grin.

He moved away from the kitchen island and approached her in small strides. A hint of mischief showed in that same grin. "You gonna bust some moves for me?"

"What kind of moves?" By this time, she was adding some of the diced peppers along with a few bacon pieces she fried to one of the omelettes sizzling in a skillet.

"I don't know, the stanky leg or something." He said, making Riley belt out a laugh once more. Her hearty laughter made his grin grow larger as she finally moved away from the stove. His once-over was too swift for her to notice, but in that split second he could easily tell she was braless underneath that top and his teeth sunk softly into his plump bottom lip.