(Chapter 42) The Morning After (15k special)

Start from the beginning

"Hey" I greet and everyone turns to me.

"Y/n!" Aph, Katelyn, KC, Garroth, Dante and Zane all shout.

"Y/n!" Mom shouts as she grabs me into a tight hug before anyone else can get close. She lets go, allowing me to breathe, and places her hands on my shoulders so that we're at eye level. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just need to catch my breath" I say.

"Good" Mom says and everyone else just smiles at the happy sight. Till she grabs my ear and starts pulling. "What were you thinking, do you have any idea how worried I was!" Mom shouts and everyone's expression quickly turns to fear.

"Zianna, girl calm down" Sylvana says as she pulls Mom off me.

"Ouch" I say as I hold my ear. "So urrr, something Sure smells good" I say, trying to break the awkwardness.

"Oh no! The food" Eric shouts as he quickly runs back to the BBQ.

"Y/n, a word" Hyria says as gestures me to follow her. She walks past me and we go over to the top of the stairs.

"Hey" I say, unsure of what else to say. "Sorry, I just wasn't expecting to find you here, or any of the other parents for that matter"

"Well from what I understand Eric and Sylvana were already here. As for me and your parents, Well we rushed over as soon as we could" Hyria says, a slight hint of worry and concern in her voice but it seems like she's trying to keep a calm tone.

"What do you remember about your fight with Ivan?" Hyria asks. I attempt to turn my mind to the past but everything's a bit fuzzy.

"Well, I remember seeing Lucinda hurt and on the floor, then I just felt this rush of instinct. After that I remember feeling a lot of pain when shifting back, and then passing out in Lucinda's arms" I say, piecing together what I can.

"That was two days ago" Hyria says surprisingly calmly. "You would have died if not for Lucinda. And she would have died if not for me"

"Is, is she okay? Lucinda that is" I ask, not concentrating on anything else.

"She'll be fine, but she..." Hyria starts.

"Mom?" Lucinda interrupts as she makes her way up the stairs. She quickly walks over and intertwines her fingers with mine, pressing our shoulders together.

"Hey" I say, happy that she seems well.

"Hi" Lucinda says as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Lucinda! How are you feeling?" Hyria asks.

"I'm good, bit cold but other than that I'm great. Not a scratch on me. I take it you had something to do with that?" Lucinda asks.

"Just a simple healing spell, nothing to boast about. You're lucky you're not in any worse shape than you are" Hyria says. "But, I'll leave you girls to have a minute to yourselves, dinner won't be too long"

"Thanks, mom" Lucinda says as Hyria walks away.

"Thanks, Mrs Lucinda's mom" I say as well and get a look from Lucinda that just says, really.

"So, you still good?" Lucinda asks.

"Yeah, just still a bit taken back. Did you realise we were out for two days?" I ask.

"I was expecting as much, but still a shock" Lucinda says as she clings a little tighter to my arm.

"Are you alright?" I ask, slightly concerned. "You were sleeping pretty calmly when I left just a few minutes ago"

"Yeah I just, felt that you weren't there and got worried" Lucinda says as rests on my shoulder again. "Sorry if I'm being too needy"

"No it's fine, guess I'm just not fully used to you being so close" I say.

"Y/n! Lucinda!" Eric shouts. "Dinners ready"

"Well, you heard the man" I joke as I let go of Lucinda's hand and start walking over to the table. "You coming?" Lucinda looks down at her hand, the hand I just let go of and looks, cold. "Lucinda?"

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here,

Thanks so much for 15k views. I'd like to say I hope you're all enjoying this but considering that this has got so many views I'd say that you lot are enjoying this, or at least I hope so otherwise what the hell are you guys, girls and they's thinking? Not else much to say this time, hope you're all well. Can't wait for next time.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading