『22』

21st of December 10:00 AM4 days later

21st of December
10:00 AM
4 days later

You lay your head down on the pillow and stare up at your ceiling. Something you often found yourself doing recently.

The ticking sound of the clock echoed in your ear as the morning lights began flooding your room painting it a snowy white colour.

'Happy Birthday to me.'

The silence in the house was almost deafening. Bakugo had gone back home last night so the usual rumble you would hear around the house was no more.

Your birthday had always been a type of curse and blessing. It would differ depending on your mood and right now. It was a curse.

Your birthday was obviously the day you were born but it was also the day you were taken and locked away by the hero association.

The only memories you had of your birthday was sitting in the corner of a dark room with a cupcake and a single candle that All Might had snuck in. All the memories you had with your parents had simply been drowned out my images of a younger you in an empty apartment.

The sound of keys and the front door sliding open were enough to make your mind sharpen. Heavy footsteps hit the wooden floor down the corridor,  the thuds moved towards your room.
They had become lighter as they made their way closer to your door. They almost mimicked children feet now.

Your door was gently pushed in and a small head peeked through the gap.

"I had a feeling you would be awake"

A blonde man whose cheeks were narrowed and eyes were sunken stepped into the room and approached the side of your bed.

"mmh what are you doing here." your voice was strained

"It's your birthday right, I always come for your birthday" He reached his hand behind his neck and scratched his hair as his gaze lifted to the rims of your room

"Why do you always come for my birthday? Nobody else does so why do you do it" You lift your head to face All Might. Your eyebrows raise awaiting his answer.

"Because...Keep asking me questions and I'm taking back my credit card." His eyes drop on you as he watches a smile rise on your face.

"Okay Okay but I have one more question" You watch him sigh before looking down at you

"Who's the Hero of the Tadashi Incident?"  The day you went to the mall and ending up seeing Dabi replayed in your head throughout most of the night.

Celestine L/N. Daughter of Simone L/N, the holder of the siren quirk and Kahlil L/N, The hero of Tadashi Incident...'

You watched as All Mights eyes glossed over as he looked down at you. His face softened as he gazed down at you. "He is a great man that saved millions of people in the midst of a potential war outbreak. Not to brag but he was also my best friend."