T H I R T Y F I V E

A few weeks have passed by since Dumbledore death. Guilt didn't lift off my shoulders easily but I soon got around the large feeling sinking into my stomach.

Draco barely spoke to anyone nowadays, Blaise owled him a week ago but Draco still hasn't opened it. The dark parchment is crumpled up in the corner of his room along with old letters from god knows where.

I hadn't seen much of my father, nor have I heard from him. He's kept me behind closed doors which was nothing new. Back in New Orleans, my mother and father felt obligated to keep me safe. Keep me away from the world. My fathers dream has always been to travel and see the world with my mother, he used to tell me there are thing out there that young eyes must not see. To this day I never knew what could be more scarier then living with several vampires that wouldn't think twice about killing you in an instant.

As the clouds hung lower every day the nights became longer. The manor was huge but felt so empty. There is many rooms that look like they have never been used. I found myself walking along a wide corridor, full of old portraits. I walk slower as I come to a stop at each one.

Near the end of the corridor there was a portrait of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. Narcissa sat on a dark green, fancy chair, her face wasn't smiling but it wasn't straight either. Next to her was Lucius. He looked tall while standing alongside his wife. His arm rested upon her shoulder as he showed no expression. Draco looked young, around 10-12. I stare at him. He looked happy, his slick back, gelled hair. I let out a small laugh as I notice how much he changed.

"Finding something funny?" A deep voice came from beside me. I jump slightly as I didn't expect to see anyone here. I turned my head as a watch Draco looking down on me with both of his hands in his pockets. "That photo was taken two days before my first day of Hogwarts." He turns his head back to the portrait as a small sigh slipped out his lips.

"What are these?" I point towards the long line of portraits lined up neatly. "Family thing?"

"You could say that." Draco take another deep breath as he looks up and down the corner. "Every Malfoy family member takes a photo together, each person that lives here." He pauses. "It goes back to the late 1800 or something like that." I watch his eyes skim the line as his lips go into a thin line. "Most of the people here are either dead or I have never meet them."

I keep my eyes on the floor as I hear Draco let out another huff. "Since when did you stop gelling your hair?" I changed the subjects while letting out a small controlled laugh.

"Don't even get me started on it-" the side of his lips turn up as I saw a happy smile glimmer through.

"Tell me. Everything." I said.

Draco hesitated before nodding, he looks around the corner, left to right, right to left and back at me. "Maybe we should go somewhere nicer."

"Where?"

He rubs his chin as his eyes bright up while his posture lifts. "I know!"

Once we left the manor we didn't see anyone walking around. Not a single person. Draco held a wrapped up, grey blanket under his right arm as I walked into a large field. The grass was short as he laid down the blanket, the trees around us swayed in the wind once the sun hid behind the clouds. Draco lies down onto the blanket quickly before it blew away, he tapped the empty space next to him, insinuating I sit down next to him.

The light blue sky was covered with while, fluffy clouds. I pointed over towards a cloud that wasn't far off looking like a butterfly. Draco points to another oddly shaped cloud, he said it looks like a plane but I couldn't see it. I laughed and nodded anyways.