F O U R T E E N

It was the day. The day of my birthday, the day I had been dreading. Another year and no ageing, another year that goes by exactly like every other. At least this year I will have a peaceful birthday to myself.

I woke up calmly to see a red ribbon wrapped around a small grey box wrapped upon the end of my bed with a letter placed on top, I quickly grabbed the small box and letter, I sat back onto my bed and took a deep breath before opening the letter.

Dear Lilith,

Happy birthday,

Sorry we can not spend time with you on your special day, however you choose to spend your birthday, I hope you enjoy it.

We both miss you and love you,

Your mother and father.

A small excitement filled me as I picked open the red ribbon, once I finally undid the knot I slowly opened up the small grey box, the small box opened with ease, revelling a small charm shaped like heart, I admired the charm before turning it over, 'always and forever'  was engraved on the back. I brush my finger over the words and uncontrollably smiled. Underneath the charm there was a plain piece of paper with my name written in fancy writing. 'This charm is unlike no other, Lilith. It can be used for many ways, healing, luck and many more things you shall find out yourself, be careful with it.' 

Pansy groaning while as she turned in her sleep, I quickly pushed the present and letter under my covers and got up of the bed and headed to the bathroom. It was around 7:00am, I had a quick shower, did some light makeup and curled the ends of my hair making it go wavy.

By the time I finished it was 7:20am and Pansy had woken up, I walked out the bathroom giving her a smug smile, she thinned her lips into a small line as she walked past me.

I made my way down to the great hall for breakfast, a lot of students were already sat down at their house tables which surprised me as it was rarely this busy at 7:30 on a Friday morning. I sat down at the Slytherin table, sitting alone at the edge of the row, I grabbed myself 2 medium sized pancakes and carefully poured maple sirup on top, I licked my lips before cutting into the pancake, before I managed to place it in my mouth a tall shadow stood upon me, I looked up quickly to see Draco leaning against the table.

"Hey." He says coolly. I shove the piece of pancake in my mouth as I let him continue speaking. "I have a surprise for you." I stopped chowing a slowly looked up at him. "Oh, and we are missing class' today."

I nodded my head slowly in confusion. He took a seat across from me, he fiddled around with his rings nervously and waited till I finished eating.

"What you got planned?" I asked curiously.

"Just wait, okay?" He said in a more forced tone then expected.

Once I finished eating, Draco instantly stood up with a nervous smile on his face, he tilted his head sharply as Pansy walked in the hall with Blaise.

"Lets go, now!" Draco said while putting his hands in has trouser pockets.

I hastily got up of the bench exited to know where Draco was leading me, as we got out the great hall Draco looked around to see if anyone was near, once he released there was no one around he quickly grabbed my hand, his cold, dainty hands pulled me along the corridors, i couldn't help but let a small giggle while running through the different corridors, I saw a big smile spread across Draco's face as he turned back to see if I was okay.

He finally stopped running as we reached the astronomy tower stairs, he lets go of my hand and starts walking up the stairs slowly, he turned round once her released I was not following him.

"Follow me." Draco said while opening up one arm, insinuating I go up first. On the last corner of the stairs Draco placed his hands over my eyes so I couldn't see. After an unsteady walk up to the top of the astronomy tower Draco kept his hands covered over my eyes.

Draco took a deep breath before removing his hands from my eyes, I let my eyes adjust to the setting. There was a large rug placed on the floor with many foods in all shapes and sizes, there was also a few candles placed around the tower.

I turned myself towards Draco with my eyes widened in amaze.

"Happy birthday." He said shyly while a warm smile appeared on his face.

I stared at him in shock. "H-how do you know?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders as we both let out a small synchronised laughter.

"I got you this." Draco placed a black square box into my hands and nervously pushed his hand through his hair.

I slowly open up the box, revelling a silver bracelet, the bracelet had small infinity symbol in the middle of the chain, which glimmered in the sunlight.

"I thought it could match your necklace."

My eyes widened as Draco spoke softly, he carefully lifter up my arm and slipped the bracelet on.

"Its beautiful, thank you." I said while admiring him.

He slowly walked over to the large rug and I followed. I could not comprehend how much he did for my birthday, it must have taken him ages to bring everything up here.

"You didn't need to do this, Draco." I paused as he shrugged again and let out a cool laugh, we sat down on the rug as I continued. "Draco?"

"Mmh" he replied.

"Is this a date?" I asked nervous, hoping I don't ruin the moment.

"No!" He snapped, there was an awkward silence before he continued. "I mean, I don't know, if you want it to be." Draco nervous played with his rings as he waited for my response.

"I would like it to be." I claim as I smile at him uncontrollable.

He slowly moves towards me and picks up a strawberry, he moves the hair out my face and tucks it behind my ear, letting out a small laugh.

"So, how are you with the death eater thing?" I curiously ask.

His face instantly drops, "Lets not talk about that right now, its your birthday."

I nod my head slowly while biting my lip.

"You look really nice, Lilith." Draco admits while avoiding eye contact.

"T-thank you, you too." He moves his eyes back, focusing on me. He truly was handsome.

We spent the rest of the day laughing and talking, we got to know each other better. It was around 6:30pm and the sun was lowering over the horizon, the sky had turned a warm orange colour with striped of yellow beaming through, I quickly rushed up off the rug and ran over to take a better look. I could hear footsteps move closer to me as I continued to face the sunset.

I always admired sunsets they made me feel safe even in the darkest times, they made me feel alive.

I turned to face Draco who was too, admiring the atmosphere, He slowly moved his head to face mine. His grey eyes were connected to mine, time felt like it froze.

We both took a step closer, making the gap between up much smaller. Uncontrollable I slowly leaned in, as he did the same. I could smell his cologne get stronger the closer I got. My fingers intwined in his hair as our lips met, he wrapped his hand around my waste bringing me closer towards him.

We slowly pulled away, saying nothing but admiring one another, smiling uncontrollably. I let out a small giggle to myself as I processed what happened.

This birthday was the best one I've had for a while.