T W E N T Y E I G H T

My eyes open weakly. A dark room, a fan spinning in the corner with an odd smell I recognise to well. Vervain. The fan spun in front of the herb, spreading the sent around the room. Weakening me.

I let out a croaky cough as I try stand up towards the door. The room looked unfamiliar. I knew I was still in the manor but the surrounding were unfamiliar. The door looked like a hard dark wood with only a small square hole, blocked with metal bars.

I pull myself up towards the door and grab ahold of the metal bars. I shake the door vigorously, in hope it would fall if it's hinges. But I was too weak. I let out another cough but this time it was weaker then before. I looked over towards the vervain and back at the door. I shamed the door again but this time with more force and energy.

"Hello!" I shout in hope someone will let me out.

No answer.

I curse under my breath as I look at my hands. The colour of my skin as dimmed. I wasn't the tanned skin I normally looked like.

"Hello!" I called again.

No answer.

"Anyone?" I shout using as much energy as I could.

There was a small noise of someone unlocking the door above and then foot steps hurrying down the stairs.

"Oh, you don't look too good." A blond headed boy says.

My eyes were barely focusing on who was on the other side of the door. I noticed their white, curtained hair and their slender, tall figure. I stint trying to make out who was there.

"It's me. Draco."

I huff as I step away from the door and turn the other way. I take one more heavy step away but I feel the floor getting closer towards me. My knee buckles as I fall onto the floor. I let out a fragile groan as I hear a gasp towards the door.

"Your humanity is off. You are numb to everything that makes you who you are." Draco submits.

I turn on the floor as I look up towards Draco. I furrow my eyebrows as he looks horror struck. "I am part vampire an off-switch is one of the biggest perks." I reply thinly.

"You killed some, Lilith." Draco pauses as he eyes me up and down on the floor. "You killed them. In front of me."

I let out a snicker as I push myself off the floor. I felt weaker then before, I felt like I was dying. It was strange, I never felt like this before.

I approach the wooden door slowly as I grab on hold of the metal bars once again. I lean in closer towards the metal, I watch Draco's face carefully. His lip quivered as he stared blankly. "Would you have preferred I killed in instead?" I interrogate.

Draco doesn't answer but his facial expressions does. His eyes widened as they glazed over with panic and misery along side with the sad glumness of his eyes there was a glimpse of hope.

"Would you?" I questioned intelligently.

He looks down at the floor and shakes his head slowly. His head rises back up as he looks at my pale, dead face.

"Get me out of here." I cough.

No reply.

"Draco. Get. Me. Out. Of. Here." I repeat myself.

No reply.

I shake the bars forcefully. "Get me out! Get the keys and open the door."

"I- I can't." Draco trembles.

There was one thing I learnt about Draco was he would never disappoints is father. Not because he agreed with him, but because he was scared of him.