T W E N T Y S E V E N

Draco POV

After Lilith left the room a warm feeling filled me, I saw it. I saw a glimpse of her humanity when she looked me. She wasn't gone.

~*~

Lilith didn't return back to the common room that night. I stayed by the fire hoping for her return, my head would flicker towards the door at any moment in hope she would show, but she didn't.

There was a meeting with the dark lord in a few days and I already knew Lilith wasn't going to go voluntarily without me forcing her.

It was the early in the morning and my eyes snapped towards the door as Pansy ran through, her hair was messy and she looked like she was out of breath.

"Malfoy!" She shouted across the room.

I let out a huff as she hurried herself towards me, she sprung between the floor as she sorted out her hair quickly. She jumped down next to me on the sofa, the pupil in her eye grew as she stared at me without blinking.

"How you been?" Pansy asked while curling a strand of her hair around her finger.

I didn't reply. I stared at her confused as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Lilith left you for someone else yet?" Pansy asked with wide eyes and a questioning smile spread across her face.

I moved one eyebrow up quickly as she continued to stare. "No." I responded with a glimpse of confusion.

"I'm surprised," she paused as she looked around the common rooms, she moved in closer towards me, closing the gap between us. "I don't think it will be long until she gets bored of you."

My eyes widened as I shuffled seats alway from her. "And why is that?" I say calmly.

"No reason... I- I just think that we would be better."

I let out a surprisingly loud laugh as her faced dropped at my actions. "Oh, you weren't joking?" I asked still laughing.

"No."

I cleared my throat as began to speak. "Pansy you and me... are not going to happen."

"But-" Pansy interrupted.

"But nothing."

The glow that shined on her when she walked in had disappeared. Most like a lot of people this years.

Pansy got up and left moments later, which left me sat in the common room as first years stride through the entrance, skipping high and talking about how exiting Hogwarts is.

I feel a weird burning sensation on my left forearm, I knew what it was but I couldn't reach down to the dark mark here. Not as the first years were here. Not in public.

I walk quickly towards the boys bathroom and lock the door. I reach down to the sleeve on my robe and pull it up, the dark mark was glowing slightly as the burning got more intense to the second.

I knew if it was hurting for me, Lilith would be feeling the pain too, wherever she is.

I questioned myself; do I leave to go to the manor now? Is the dark lord forwarding the meeting?

Evaporation wasn't easy and I had only done it once when I was in 4th year. I evaporated by accident, joking around with Blaise. I didn't know where I ended up or how I got back but I only remember seeing a place I never seen before and then blacking out.

I took one deep breath before I twisted and turned around the bathroom, my head spines as my forearm aches. I take a final twist as I land outside the manor, I don't land safely as my feet touch the floor but automatically leave. I put my hand down quickly towards to floor to catch myself.