Dear Alice

It was like being on a psychedelic high.

The colors were bright blurs and speckled skies. Everything went in and out of focus. Your blue dress was puffing out, and it made you look like a muffin. Coo coo clocks chimed all different hours, and doors that you couldn't get into flashed past.

It wasn't the same sensation as falling down on a roller coaster. No, this was entirely different. This time, it was slow and fast all at once. Slow enough to take in the scene, but fast enough to make you unsettled.

You dropped and felt the impact seconds later than when your feet hit the floor. You opened your eyes and saw so many things. A white rabbit running out of time. A mad hatter that was either angry or a little wrong in the head. The queen of hearts screaming "Off with their head!" at anyone that made the most minuscule mistakes. You took it all in through a glittery haze.

The red queen had jewels covering her eyes in a heart shape. Her face was painted porcelain. The mad hatter had glittery tears trailing down his face. Everyone here looked like a beautiful tragedy. You picked up a shattered mirror and froze. Your face was now covered in black and white checkers. Glitter covered your eyelids and your lips were painted blood red. The blue dress still lie untouched.

"Such a peculiar little place..," you wondered aloud.

An electric blue caterpillar took a drag of his cigar. "And you, my dear Alice, are a peculiar girl. Welcome to Wonderland."

Hey! I'm really liking this story, let me know how you feel about it. I was thinking of making an Alice in Wonderland retelling book.