Chapter 12: Road Rage

The next morning, Kyle, Jake, Shawn, James, Sarah, Cassandra, Marcus, Margaret, Maya, Bowers and Beatrix are outside the fort while Woody sits in the transport truck while Caleb and another survivor, Zep, wait in the transport trucks. Kyle approaches Bowers and Beatrix.

Kyle: Can't help to notice you haven't insisted on joining us, Colonel. I mean hell; you did take a arrow through your abdomen and I heard you're one of the toughest sons of bitches there is.

Bowers: I didn't surrender this fort to Kronos and I damn sure ain't going to surrender it to the Krens. 

Bowers turns to Beatrix.

Bowers: Ain't that right, Beatrix?

Beatrix: Yeah, we're too old to sprint, kid. We'll just sit on our asses and watch you young ones run around to get the shit off the yard.

Kyle: Right.....

Cassandra is saying her goodbyes to James and Maya.

Cassandra: I'll be back.....

Maya: You damn well better......I need someone to bug.

Cassandra laughs. Maya laughs, before suddenly hugging Cassandra.

Maya: Be safe, sis.

Cassandra: You too.....

Maya walks off, before Cassandra speaks to James.

Cassandra: So.....

James: So.....I guess we better end this by-

Before James can finish, Cassandra kisses him. The two then break away from each other.

James: I guess like that......we will see each other again.

Cassandra: Yeah, we will.

Cassandra climbs into the back of Zep's transport truck with Jake as Kyle joins Sarah on the back of Caleb's transport truck, before Kyle speaks to Shawn and James.

Kyle: Shawn. James. You two head out there and find some reinforcements. We'll be screwed if we don't have the numbers to win this fight. We need anyone who can fight and means of transportation.

James: You got it.....

Shawn: Good luck, brother. Let's end this fucking nightmare.

Shawn performs handshake with Kyle, who then hugs James.

Kyle: You too. 

Kyle to Caleb.

Kyle: Alright, Caleb. Let's move out.

Woody drives the fuel truck with the tanker while Caleb, with Kyle and Sarah in tow and Zep with Jake and Cassandra in tow drive out towards Kinsmen. Later en-route on the broken-up highway with the ground infused with radioactive fluid fumes, Caleb bangs on the top of the truck.

Jake: Jesus.....this highway is fucked up. Those nukes did a great job.

Caleb: Hey! Kyle, we got Valkyrie Gun Turrets with a gun loader. You and Sarah might want to get on that thing in case we run into trouble.

Kyle grabs the Valkyrie mini-gun with Sarah grabbing the gun loader.

Sarah: Wait....what the hell am I supposed to do with this thing?

Kyle: Load the machine gun up while I keep shooting.

Sarah: It sounds like a lot of work.

Kyle: I'm the one holding the heavy ass gun! You want to hold it and shoot?! I have no problem with that.