TANGLED RELATIONS

Start from the beginning

"Why did you lie and say you killed someone for our safety."

Ethaline set the book down, "Hermione take off the locket—"

"Did you ever consider that murder is just who you are? I mean your father is Lucius Malfoy, he killed hundreds in the first wizarding world—"

Ethaline stood up, "Take it off Granger."

Hermione stood up defenceivly, "No!" She said, reaching for her wand behind her while Ethaline called for Harry to get his friend. "You deserve everything you got!" Hermione spat, "Everything."

Ethaline's hands trembled with anger and restraint, her jaw clenched so hard she thought she would hurt herself before Ethaline said, "You don't mean that."'

"I do," Hermione voiced viciously, "I do mean it with and without this bloody locket—you are an abomination and a murderer." She spat lowly, "And you'll pay for everything—" Hermione flicked her wand, stunning Ethaline and sending her towards the ground.

Harry rushed in, Ron limping behind them as he helped her up. Harry quickly disarmed her and snatched the locket off of her neck. Once she lost contact with it Hermione's eyes widened.

Ethaline laid on the ground, now nursing a new wound on her arm but didn't say a word. Meanwhile Harry watched as Hermione's eyes watered in regret, "Malfoy—"

Ethaline quickly stood up and pushed past them all and out the tent.

Harry looked down at the locket, handing it to Ron before heading out to see her. When he didn't find her just outside he walked around for a bit, growing more and more worried before he turned to see her leaning on a rock.

Her sleeve was torn slightly as she carefully applied dittany.

Harry approached her slowly, a little worried which made her look up at him for a second before back down, "Pass me that herb will you?" She said softly.

Harry reached down and grabbed it before tugging and retrieving it. He handed it over to her and kneeled in front of her, placing it onto her arm and allowing her to rest for a second. However the question of whether or not she was upset lingered in his mind.

"I didn't want her to see it," Ethaline said quietly, wincing as the cut began to close up, "I didn't want to upset her even more."

Harry stopped for a second, his lips tugging upwards making her smile slightly, "What?" She asked, biting the inside of her cheek.

Harry shook his head, "N-nothing." Be replied, the smile never leaving.

"Out with it Potter." Ethaline said, making him look at her.

"Nothing just that, you're almost like friends now...I mean you care about her feelings." Harry shrugged making Ethaline's face scrunching up.

"F-friends? granger and I? You're delucisonal." She said, making him laugh quietly.

"Sure I am." He said, glancing up at her once more before putting a bandage on her wound carefully. Ethalinr thanked him and touched the bandage slightly, just now realizing how close he was to her.