Thirteen

Daniel and I are headed out on our first official date tonight. He said he'd text me every hour so that I knew what he was doing so he wouldn't miss it this time.

It's been about a week since the drunk incident. Jack and I haven't talked about it but it hasn't changed the way we are around each other. It's like it never even happened, which is great.

I slide on my white lace dress, pairing it with some black heels. I start throwing some things in my purse when I hear the door bell. Daniel's here.

"Y/n! Your date is here!" Jack yells causing me to giggle

I close up my purse and head down the stairs. Jack and Daniel both stop talking and watch me walk down the stairs. Daniel walks to the bottom holding out his hand for me to grab so I don't fall.

"Be safe you two! Have my daughter back before 10!"

"Yes daddy" I joke and both boys eyes go wide. "Yup, that was weird. Let's ignore that" I laugh, causing Jack to laugh back

"Alright weirdos, let's go Y/n" Daniel grabs my hand and walks towards the door

"I forgot my phone, I'll be right back" I smile walking back to the stairs

"I'll meet you at the car" Daniel smiles before heading out the door.

I grab my phone from my room and head back towards the door to leave.

"Call me if you need anything, okay Jack?" I kiss Theo on the top of the head before looking back at Jack

"I will, don't worry" Jack pulls me into a hug. "Oh, you look beautiful, by the way" Jack quickly lifts my chin with his finger and places a soft kiss on my lips.

I pull back, Jack winks at me and I walk out the door, with a shocked look on my face. I walk out to Daniel's car and I see him leaning on the hood.

"Ready to go?" Daniel opens my door. I just nod.

I get in the car, Daniel softly closes the door before getting in the drivers side. Daniel starts driving to the restaurant, he rests his hand on my upper thigh. I don't say anything, I'm not fully sure what to say after what Jack just did.

"Is everything okay?" Daniel chuckles, turning off the radio

"Yeah, all good" I sigh, shifting in my seat

"I don't believe it. You always have something to say, I've never seen you this quiet unless somethings wrong" Fuck, he still knows me so well

"I'm just worried about Theo, that's all. This is the first time he's alone with Jack"

"Jack has a daughter, you know? He knows what he's doing" Daniel chuckles, pulling into the parking lot of the steakhouse.

"I know, I'm just, I don't know" I sigh again and Daniel grabs my hand

"Theo will be fine, I promise. Now, there's always paparazzi outside of here, so do you wanna walk in first and I'll walk in a little after you or do you just wanna say fuck it and go in together?"

"Let's just go together, I don't mind" Daniel smiles, nodding his head

We get out of the car and Daniel walks slightly behind me

"Can I um, hold your hand?" Daniel asks nervously

I grab onto his hand and he interlocks our fingers. Daniel looks down, trying to hide his blush but I can always tell. We walk to the front of the restaurant and paparazzi starts trying to talk to Daniel

"Daniel, who's the girl?"
"Daniel! When's the album coming out?"
"Daniel, are you two dating?"

"Sorry guys, I'm going to dinner, if you're still here when we're done, I'll answer some questions, okay?" Daniel pulls me into the restaurant while I slightly laugh knowing that now they'll stay outside the restaurant until we come out.

"Don't worry, we'll sneak out the back" Daniel whispers, pulling me closer to him. "Reservations for Seavey"

"Right this way, Mr. Seavey" The lovely host says, taking us to our table in the back.

Daniel and I sit down across from each other, looking through the menus. I've never eaten here before but I know Daniel has, many times.
I let Daniel order for the both of us and he gets us a bottle of wine.

"So, I've never been on a blind date before" Daniel smirks, chuckling under his breath

"Well, I hope I live up to your expectations" I smile before taking a sip of my wine

"Oh trust me, you've already blown my expectations out of the water"

Daniel and my food comes out after some small talk of catching up on what's been going on the last seven months and what's coming up for the band in the next month.

"Are you and Theo coming to the album release party?" Daniel looks at me with hope in his eyes

"When is it?" I know when it is, I just have to tease him a bit

"It's next month, I'd really like it if you and Theo could come. If you guys can't make it, I totally under-"

"Daniel, of course we're coming. Jack already invited me" I smile, taking the last bite of my food.

"Can I ask you something.. about you and Jack?" I nod my head before downing my last bit of wine all in one go.

"There's nothing going on with you two, right?"

"No, no. He's just been here for me through our break up and I was there for him when he went through his. He's my best friend now and I feel like I'm one of his" Is there something going on between us?

"You think your his best friend?" Daniel wiggles his eyebrow at me

"One of many. He's still got you four losers" Daniel grabs his chest, acting offended but he drops the tension by bursting out laughing in the restaurant.

"Would either of you like dessert?" The waitress asks grabbing our empty plates. Daniel looks at me and I shake my head no.

"Just the check, please"

"Oh no, Mr. Seavey, it's on the house" The waitress smiles, leaving our table

"Damn Leon" Daniel chuckles

"Who?"

"He's the owner of the restaurant. He's way too nice to the boys and I" Daniel stands up, grabbing out his wallet, throwing whatever cash he had on the table.

Daniel grabs my hand and we walk towards the bar where a friendly looking man is standing, waving us over

"Hello Mr. Seavey" The man smiles brightly, shaking Daniels hand

"Leon, you know you can call me Daniel. Thank you for dinner, but I left you the money on the table"

"A good tip for the waitress then" Leon winks and Daniel playfully rolls his eyes

"Anyway, can we sneak out the back?" Daniel asks, holding up our hands, that are interlocked together

"Of course, follow me" Leon smiles, taking us through the kitchen to the back door

"Thank you Leon" I smile and he shakes my hand

"Always a pleasure, come back whenever you'd like. There's always a table for you two" Leon smiles waving us goodbye as we make it back to Daniel's car.

Daniel opens my door for me and I slide in, before he shuts the door. Daniel gets in and starts the car, slowly going through the parking lot. I look at the crowd of paparazzi waiting outside the restaurant, assuming they're waiting for Daniel.

Daniel and I talk and sing to the radio the whole drive back to Jack's house.

"Thank you, for agreeing to come out with me tonight. I had a really good time" Daniel says after pulling into the drive way

"I had a really good time too. Thank you"
Daniel kisses my cheek before I head inside.

I slightly giggle, seeing Jack and Theo both asleep on the couch.

I walk over and grab Theo from Jack's arms, accidentally waking up Jack

"Hey, how was your date?"

"It was good, how was Theo?"

"Good, we watched movies, and played the guitar" Jack smiles, kissing my forehead before we both head to bed