One

*Daniels POV*

My beautiful girlfriend Y/n is upstairs with our son Theo right now. The boys are coming over now too so we can work on some new songs and just get a little tipsy. Just a fun night with the boys, pretty much.

I'm currently in my home studio, getting everything set up. I'm tuning my guitar when I hear the front door open and some loud talking, so I assume the boys are here. Not long after, they all walk in with cases of whiteclaws. It's gonna be a good night.

"We're here, with alcohol!" Jonah laughs, throwing me a mango flavoured drink.

The boys all grab one of their own and throw the rest in the mini fridge I have in the corner.

"Let's party!" Jack yells holding up his drink. We all cheers to the wild night we know we're going to have.

The boys sit down on the couches and chairs while we talk about song lyrics and melodies I've come up with throughout the week.

~

As we continue the night drinking, about three hours in, I get a call from management. I quickly tell the boys to shut up and answer the call.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey Seavey. Have you finished that song we talked about yet?" Randy asks

"No? You said we had all week to finish it" I squint my eyes, confused

"Seavey, it needs to be done on Wednesday"

"What? That's impossible. It's Monday!" I yell

"You've had all weekend to finish it. You know that" I roll my eyes

"We can't get it done by then, we haven't even got the lyrics finished yet" The boys just stare at me, making me more frustrated

"I don't care. Get it done by Wednesday or else you're off the label" Randy says, shortly after, he hangs up.

I slam my phone down onto the table in front of me, causing all the boys to jump

"What happened? What did he want now?" Corbyn asks

"We have to get this song finished by Wednesday"

"What?! You haven't even finished the lyrics yet!" Zach chimes in, earning a glare from everybody

"Me? What have you done for this song? Nothing!"

"Hey buddy, relax, we'll finish it tomorrow, I don't think any of us are in the right mind set right now" Jack says putting a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down, but it makes it worse

"I think you should all just head home. I'll get you an Uber" I pick my phone back up and order the boys an Uber home.

Shortly after they all leave and I'm left in the studio, alone and frustrated.

I walk out of the studio and see Christian staring me down, leaning on the hallway wall

"What?!" I yell, getting in his face

"What's going on? Why'd you send the boys home?" He asks standing up straight

"Management needs the song on Wednesday, we haven't even starting recording vocals because the lyrics aren't even done yet"

"They won't give you more time?" Again, I roll my eyes

"No! Clearly I asked that!"

"You need to relax!" He finally shouts back at me

"I'll never get it done! This is so fucking stupid! I'm fucked!"

"You have a baby upstairs! You need to quiet down!" Christian says and I roll my eyes. Theo's sleeping, so is Y/n, I'll be fine.

"Shut up Christian."

"Call me when you relax. I'm not dealing with this" Christian grabs his keys then leaves out the front door and he slams it shut.

I walk into the kitchen, trying to calm myself down but I just keep replaying the phone call in my head. I start pacing back and forth around the island and I start smacking my fists on the counter.

I'm fucked, if I don't get this song done in time, it'll ruin my career and the boys careers too. I can't let them down.

I finally stop pacing at the end of the counter. I just want to punch something, anything at this point.

I look up on the counter and see the vase of flowers I got Y/n. I don't know what takes over me but I grab the vase and throw it, it feels so relieving to take my anger out. I don't look to see where I throw it until I hear it shatter.

After it shatters I hear the loud cry of Theo, he's in Y/n's arms, right next to where I threw the vase. As soon as I see her, it's like I get shot sober.

Fuck, she looks terrified. What am I doing? I'm a monster.

"Y/n?"

I almost instantly gets tears in my eyes, while tears start streaming down her face. I can't believe what I just did. I saw all the colour drain from her face. Like she saw a ghost. She quickly turns around and runs up the stairs.

I fucked up. What's wrong with me?!

Tears start streaming down my face. I can't believe myself. How am I supposed to make this up to her? She's probably so scared of me and I can't even blame her. Who am I right now? I almost hurt her, hurt our son.

I walk to the kitchen table and sit with my head in my hands, just letting the tears fall.

As I quietly sob in my hands, thinking about what I just did, I hear a piece of glass break. I pick my head up, still crying and I see Y/n, she's got Theo in his car seat in one hand and a suit case in the other.

My heart breaks seeing the suit case.

Once she looks at me, she starts crying again, I can't help but cry harder too. She's the love of my life, and I'm losing her.

"Please, please don't leave" It comes out in almost a whisper

I beg her as she walks towards the door. She sets her stuff down and I walk closer to her, but I keep my distance, I don't want to scare her more.

"Y/n, please don't do this" My voice breaks as I try to speak. Every time I try to say something more, no sounds come out. I can't stop the crying.

I know she's leaving, I know she won't change her mind, but I have to try. I love her, I love our son.

Y/n starts walking over to me and I look into her eyes, she's broken. I broke her.

She grabs my hand, giving it a light squeeze. She brings up my hand and slowly opens it.

"You lied" She says as she places the promise ring I gave her, back into my hand.

She turns around, picking up Theo and her bag. I look down at the ring and bite my lip, trying not to make a sound.

I bite so hard my lip starts to bleed, leaving an awful copper taste in my mouth, mixed with salt, from the tears.

All of a sudden I get weak and my body collapses and I land on my knees. I feel so exhausted, mentally and physically.

I start to cry harder, knowing this is the end.

"Please.." I whisper. She looks back at me, one last time before leaving out the door.

I sit down on the floor as I hear her car drive away. I pull my knees into my chest, clenching my fist around her ring.

I finally give out, exhausted, I fall flat on the floor with my arms still holding onto my knees. I slow my breathing down, and try to rest, but not to fall asleep, in case she comes back.

Of course, I fall asleep.