Chapter 38

Yang's Pov

*Ding* *Ding* 

I focused as I heard the fight bells ring. Keeping my head down and hands up, I started moving towards Tifa. I know I can't beat her in a long fight, if I want to win I have to finish this quick. With that thought in mind I swung a wild haymaker at her head, I could only watch as she ducked the punch. 

Giving me no time to react she sent a powerful uppercut to my chin knocking me back. My hands fell as I was stunned from the punch, she took advantage of this and threw two straight jabs to my head. Both hit me on my nose, making my ears ring and my eyes water. 

(Y/N): "Hit that bitch back Yang!" Through the haze of noise, the ringing in my ears and the cheering crowd, one voice shined through. The voice of my boyfriend, the man I loved, he was watching me. 

I won't lose this!

I refocused and blocked a hard punch coming straight for my head. Tifa froze for a moment, I took this opportunity to repay her. Grabbing both her arms and pulling her towards me, I headbutted her hard enough to knock her to the floor. 

The crowd went wild and I turned towards my friends to see them cheering me on, seeing them gave me a boost in confidence. Tifa stood up with a pissed off look on her face, she must've thought I was gonna be a pushover. Well now she knows I'm gonna give her a run for her money. 

We moved towards each other again, a much more predatory look in our eyes. She threw a quick jab at my head which I slipped with ease, I countered with a hook to her ribs. She winced in pain at the powerful punch but managed to back up before I could follow up with more hits. 

Both of us dropped our hands, I quickly moved around her a few times in an attempt to bait out a wild punch. But she wouldn't fall for it, she has too much fighting experience. Suddenly she dashed straight at me, I threw a powerful uppercut as I planned to hit her exposed chin. But instead of continuing to run at me she dropped to her knees, dodging my uppercut and using her momentum to continuing sliding towards me.

While still moving she stood back up, using all the momentum and force she got in the dash towards me to throw a massive punch at my chest. I had protected my head out of instinct and by the time I realized my mistake there was nothing to do but brace for impact. The punch hit so hard I was sent flying backwards, letting out a gasp as the air was knocked out of my lungs. My head hitting the ground was the last thing I remembered. 

The next thing I knew I was laying in an infirmary bed, my chest hurting really fucking bad and a headache worse than any hangover I've had. My team and (Y/N) were sitting next to my bed talking about something, I couldn't really tell though it was hard to focus. 

Yang: "Did I win?" They all looked over at the same time, I think they looked relieved but I couldn't be sure. Brain too fuzzy. 

Ruby: "Yang!" She said as she jumped onto me, hugging tightly. Crushing my FUCKING RIBS!

Yang: "Ruby you're killing me." (Y/N) realized what I meant before she did and pulled her off of me. "I almost had her." 

Blake: "Not even close really." She said while shaking her head. 

Weiss: "It was like a grown adult fist fighting a baby." Blake nodded in agreement at the Ice Queens statement. 

Yang: "That's why they call you the Ice Queen." I said, trying to bring some humor to lighten up the situation. 

In reality I felt like shit, losing a match after shit talking was bad enough but I got absolutely steamrolled. Not to mention the fact that I don't even know what injuries I have, for all I know that fight could've marked the end of my career.