Yang: "Do you mind if I talk to just (Y/N) for a minute?" Everyone looked at me confused, even (Y/N). "Don't worry it won't take long... I just want to talk to him alone." My team nodded and left the room, leaving me alone with (Y/N).

(Y/N): "How're you feeling little light dragon?" He said while crouching down so that he was at the same level as me. 

Yang: "I... feel so fucking stupid." I tried to remain strong and hold my tears in, but my emotions were too strong and a few managed to escape my eyes. 

(Y/N) noticed I was crying and pulled me into a hug, he stroked my hair and rubbed my back as I sobbed into his chest. It was like all of my pent up emotions from the events of the past few days came pouring out. (Y/N) disappearing, my friends fighting, losing the fight in front of the whole school, getting injured. It was too much for me to handle, I don't even know what I would do if (Y/N) wasn't here. 

We stayed like that for a while, until I started to calm down and regain my composure. All the while (Y/N) remained there, shielding me with his embrace. 

Yang: "I'm sorry." I said in a quiet, defeated tone. 

(Y/N): "For what?" 

Yang: "Crying, embarrassing us, getting injured, acting like a dumbass." Suddenly I felt him kiss me on my lips, pulling me out of my negative train of thought. 

(Y/N): "You don't have to apologize for anything." He said, his face still only inches away from mine. "And what do you mean embarrassing us?" 

Yang: "Well it's gotta be embarrassing to walk around with the girl who got her ass kicked in front of the whole school." 

(Y/N): "Why would I be embarrassed when I'm walking around with the hottest and strongest girl in school?" He said while booping my nose.

I felt my face turn a shade of red I didn't think possible at the sincerity of his complement. 

Yang: "Thanks babe." I went to lay back down which sent another jolt of pain through my chest. "I'm a little worried about my injuries." 

(Y/N): "I was cut in half when Weiss dragged me here, I don't even have any scars." He leaned down giving me another kiss, this time on the forehead. "I'm sure you'll be fine in a day or two." He said while grabbing his chair and moving it next to my bed. 

Yang: "How did I get here anyways?" 

A strange look appeared on his face, like for just a moment it looked like he was scared. My head must still be messing with me. 

(Y/N): "Well..." 

(Y/N) Pov - 2 hours earlier

Yang had been doing well for herself by fighting defensively, she had only taken one bad hit which she had returned pretty quickly. For a minute I thought she may actually win this, but that illusion came crashing down as reality hit. I planned on how I was going to smooth talk Yang to cheer her up, she isn't going to be happy about such a quick loss. Goodwitch walked up to Yang, who was still laying on the floor, and knelt down next to her. 

I watched from my seat but the longer I looked at her limp body the stranger I felt, like I wasn't in the same room. The cheers and footsteps felt less like the ones you would hear in a crowd and more like the synchronized marching and chanting all of the Atlas military bases had in common. 

Weiss: "Did you enjoy the fight Shadow?"

The image of Weiss blurred and her voice morphed as she spoke. 

Winter: "They'll only continue to call you a coward until you show them what fear is." I activated my full semblance as she continued. "Make them fear the dark, Shadow." People around me screamed as they began to notice my new form. 

I jumped into the arena, turning myself into smoke as I hit the ground reforming myself next to Yang. I grabbed Glynda and threw her to the other side of the arena, turning my sights to Tifa. She was the one who hurt the girl I love, I can't let her get away with that. I let out an ear piercing screech that resonated throughout the walls of the building. 

Before I got the chance to charge at Tifa I was lifted off of my feet by a large bubble. I had no time to waste, no one was going to stop me. I reformed my arm into a spike, stabbing it through the bubble causing it to crack around me before I pulled my arm back out causing it to shatter completely. 

Tifa got into a fighting stance as I charged at her, but as I got close enough to strike a little red object hit me at high speeds. I grabbed whatever it was and threw it to the ground in front of me before pouncing on it. But what I saw wasn't an enemy, it wasn't a member of the White Fang or and Atlesian officer. It was a terrified Ruby Rose using her arms to shield her face from... me. 

My mind felt clear again as my bloodlust wore off. I deactivated my semblance and backed away from Ruby, everyone that hadn't ran out of the room was staring at me. Tifa and Glynda were still in their fighting stances.

(Y/N): "W-We should probably get her to the infirmary." 

(Y/N) Pov - Current Time

(Y/N): "Glynda carried you over in her big bubble thing." I may have been leaving out some semi-important details, but she'll figure that out later when she talks to anyone in the school. "You should call everyone else back in, they were worried sick to you know." 

I gave Yang a quick kiss before stepping out into the hallway, where the rest of team RWBY were waiting. They all looked at me as I left the room, clearly waiting for permission to go back in. Ruby stood further away from me than she normally does, keeping her eyes on the floor almost like she thought that just making eye contact with me would be dangerous. 

(Y/N): "Well... you better not keep her waiting." I said while gesturing to the door. 

Blake and Ruby walked into the room but Weiss stayed put in front of me, a worried look clearly plastered across her face. 

(Y/N): "Is it about what happened earlier?" 

Weiss: "Is iT aBoUt wHaT hApPeNeD EaRlIeR?" Alright it wasn't my brightest questions but I don't really sound like that... do I? "As your girlfriend it's my job to make sure you stay safe." She said as she got close to me while poking me in the chest. 

(Y/N): "I appreciate what you're trying to do but this is a little deeper than what you may understand." 

Weiss: "Then why don't you call Winter?" I went to protest but I couldn't think of anything negative to say. "I can tell by the look on your face that you know I'm right." She said with a smug grin. 

(Y/N): "Yeah yeah, I'll give her a call Ice Queen." I leaned forward, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "I'm gonna head to my dorm, keep an eye on Yang for me." 

As I walked towards my dorm something felt off. People were walking around and the sun was shining, all things considered it's a pretty nice day. No matter how much I tried I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched by somebody. I hurried my pace towards my room and kept my head down. 

Even with the 'Outburst' that happened earlier today I know better than to not trust my gut feeling. Somebody's out there watching me...

... I just know it. 

END OF CH.38