Chapter Five - It's Over

"Kelly, your phone keeps blowing up."

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. My dad had bags under his eyes and the bright light from his laptop made me squint.

"Sorry sweety, I'm working."

I looked at my phone. My phone lit up like a Christmas tree. I had 28 missed calls and 120 text messages. All from Riley.

Me-hey

Riley- BABE YOU SCARED ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY TEXTS?

M- I'm sorry . I haven't got sleep the past couple of days.

R- I am sorry bby. I was just worried.

M- I know. I have been thinking, it's going to be really hard for me with long distance relationship thing.

R-what do u mean??

M-I think we should break up.

R- why do u think that? We can make this work!!

M- I don't know, I am sorry Riley. Goodbye.

I shut my phone off and I started silently cry. Tears rushed down my face like a waterfall.

Why did I do that, he loved me and I loved, I will never find anyone that will love me like he did.

I decided to look at Instagram. Scrolling through my feed, I scrolled past my new high school Instagram page. I really have no idea why but I think I kinda cool. The picture was of a group of football players all in their uniforms. The one right in front caught my eye. He had dark chocolate eyes and a smile that glowed. I swear I stared at him for about 10 minutes.

"BEEP"

The loud beep from my dad's phone snapped me out of my trance. I smiled again at the picture and put my phone down. I stared out the window as the clouds floated by. It was so peaceful. The waiter came away around with dinner. Chicken with a salad. I played with my food, not feeling very good. All of what happened today... just made me sick to my stomach.

"You ok hon?," my mom asked taking a bite of her salad.

"Yeah I'm just not hungry. "

"Everything going to be ok babe," she said rubbing my arm,"You will make new friends at you new school. It going to be a lot of fun, ok!"

"Ok," I said quietly.

I gave the waiter my plate and closed my eyes. Wishing it was just a dream.
--------------------------
Song: Amnesia by 5 Seconds Of Summer