xxvi. art

xxvi. art

'i just had to let you know you're mine

hands on your body, i dont wanna waste no time 

feels like forever, even if forever's tonight

just lay with me, waste this night away with me

you're mine, i just gotta say'

(bazzi)

(A/N PREPARE YOUR HEARTS)

>>>

julian

"The pancakes," I tell Novella, pointing to the menu under the breakfast section.

She makes a face. "Jules I'm vegan."

"Selective vegan," I correct her, tapping the menu again.

She shakes her head and fiddles with her sleeves, glancing around the cafe. It's me, Nove, Kennedy, Amir and Atticus sitting in the Bean for breakfast. We had tried to invite Gianna but she hasn't answered her phone.

Novella said she wasn't having a bad food day, so I was trying to encourage her to eat something bigger than she normally would.

"Fine," Novella rolls her eyes and shuts the menu, sliding it towards me.

"But I want-"

"-strawberries?" I finish with a grin.

"Yes."

"So Nova, did you have to sneak out to get here?" Kennedy asks, settling her chin on her hand.

"No," Novella answers, "I'm moving back into the house this weekend. I have to tell the landlord and all that adult stuff before I can leave."

"How was it with your mom? Did she give you any answers? Also how's your back?" Amir joins in, chewing on his straw.

"Weird, she took me to dinner last night and kept asking me about what's been going on. I kept asking her about where she's been, where my father is, but she always skirted around the question. But it was pretty civil."

She takes a sip of her coffee and continues, "I kept it surface as always, told her about the clinicals I'm about to start and about school basically. As for my back, it's-healing."

"But you're going to move back in with her?" Atticus asks quietly.

She averts her eyes and fiddles with her sleeves again. "Yeah."

Amir makes an annoyed noise. "Are we going to see less of you then?"

She signs. "I don't know, Amir. Probably."

"You shouldn't go back there." I tell her sternly.

She frowns and then grins a little. "I will if you leave your house."

That shoots me up a little. "Novella Grace. That's different."

She shakes her head. "Not really."

Our conversation stops for a moment when our waiter stops by to ask for our orders.

When he gets to Novella, she freezes a little, glancing at me unsure.