Chapter Five: Into the Pale City

Start from the beginning

"So that's why I feel terrible," She heard him mumble weakly. It was quickly followed by a question. "..So, uh- where are we?"

Six was about to answer when she felt the edge of the door hit something. She hadn't been paying attention at all, and when she turned, she saw a new beach. One with a creepy city looming over it.

"Somewhere, that's for sure," She finally replied, and turned back to him. He was using the water to wash the wound on his leg now.

"We should really find you some actual bandages," Six sighed. She stood up, and held her hand out to him. When he reached out, she averted her gaze. As soon as she felt his hand in hers, she tightened her grasp slightly and began walking. At first, she tried to go at a normal pace, but she could feel Mono struggling behind her.

She rolled her eyes and slowed down for him as she approached the door on the other side of the beach. The door gave her creepy vibes, but she knew there wasnt really anywhere else to go. Pushing open the door along with Mono's help, she walked into a large room with a television hanging from the ceiling in the center. She glanced at Mono for a moment, and saw that he was staring directly at the TV.

The look in his eyes was quite intense, but Six turned away and didnt ask about it. Weirdo seems to hate TV's. So not only is he stupid, but he also has a hatred for electronics. Wonderful. She thought. She came across a hole, and crouched down carefully, not releasing her grip on Mono's hand. Without saying anything, she crept in, and emerged onto the other side.

"Jeez, this place gives me the creeps," She mumbled as she glanced around. They were in the middle of a street, surrounded by gloomy buildings.

"Theres a window up ahead," Mono commented from behind her. Six glanced at the window for a moment.

"Wow, thanks sherlock. I totally didnt notice," She replied sarcastically, before continuing forward. She paused in front of the window, and turned to Mono. "Up for some climbing, or are you going to fall over and cry mid-climb?" She asked.

Mono huffed in response, "You're so mean." His tone was teasing, and through the holes in his paper bag, Six could see the amused glimmer in his eyes. She paused for a moment, trying to find a response, before laughing quietly.

"Oh my god, you're such a child-" She managed between laughs. She heard Mono chuckle a bit, before he released her hand and limped towards the window. Six's hand suddenly felt cold, and she longed to be holding Mono's hand again. She frowned faintly, and followed him once he made it through the window. They wandered through a room that looked like an abandoned diner, before slipping through a gap in an old, rundown door.

At the other side of the new room, she spotted a small window that was too tall for either her or Mono to reach alone. Mono approached it, and turned to look at her.

"Okay, so you boost me up and I'll find a way to-" He began, but Six was quick to interrupt.

"Are you insane? You'd take forever cause you're hurt, and that'd be risking too much. You boost me over."

Mono appeared to hesitate for a moment, before sighing, and nodding. Six grinned to herself after such an easy victory, and wandered over to Mono. She stepped up onto his hands and allowed him to boost her up. She quickly caught on to the edge, and pulled herself through.

"Try not to take forever!" Mono called from the other side. Six rolled her eyes, and took in her surroundings. She saw a TV connected to a rope nearby. She wandered over to the side of the rope that hung loosely, and she jumped up to grab it. Holding it tightly in her hands, she eyed the half of the rope connected to the TV.

This should bring me up to the upper level, She thought. She then began swinging back and fourth, and each time she came close to the TV, she gave it a kick. She continued this process until the TV fell forward and the rope ascended, swinging her up to the upper level. She swung one last time, before hopping onto the ledge. Dusting herself off, she wandered to the left, and came across an area that hung just above where Mono was, standing on a TV attached to rope below.

Spotting another TV attached to some rope, she approached it, and began pushing it off of the ledge.

If I'm right, then this should...

As soon as it fell over the ledge, the TV that Mono stood on flew up, and brought him up onto the other level. Feeling a bit satisfied with her work, she ran back to the right, and headed towards the broken stairs. Mono stood on the other side of the stairs, waiting for her. He waved to her, before crouching down and holding his hand out. Bracing herself, Six jumped over onto the other side, and Mono caught her hand in his. He did her best to pull her up, though she could see him struggling a bit due to his leg.

She let out a gasp as she felt her hand slip a little. "Mono! Pull me up faster, please!"

Mono reached forward with his other hand, and finally managed to pull her up all the way. When he did, though, Six found herself stumbling, and both fell forward.

She drew in a deep breath, and raised her head. She had fallen directly on top of him. "S-sorry!" She stammered, quickly standing as her face turned red. Mono sat up, and scratched the back of his neck while chuckling faintly.

"Its fine! Its fine," He replied, before his chuckling turned into genuine laughter. Six kind of just stood there, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

"T-that wasnt funny! You're so immature!" She exclaimed.

Mono raised a hand and wiped a tear from one of his eyes as his laughter died down. "Yes it was. That was hilarious."

Six huffed, and dusted herself off. "Can we just keep going, please?"

"Of course," Mono replied, now standing up, and turning to limp up the stairs. Once his back was turned to her, Six found herself smiling. But she didnt understand why. She was embarrassed, yet she was smiling.

I must be going insane, or something.
_________________________________________

I hope yall are happy with the first Six POV! There will definitely be more to come, but the majority of this story will be from Mono's POV. I hope you're all excited for what's to come! It's about to get intense.