Rubi's phone started ringing, and I was about to say something to her. I assume someone was attempting to FaceTime her. I heard a deep voice when she answered the phone. That must be her boyfriend from New York.

Rubi glared angrily at her boyfriend. "Hello, what do you want?"

"Ayo, why the fuck did you answer the phone like that? Are you drunk?"

"I am, and what about it?"

He sucked his teeth. "I already told you about that shit, Rubi. You know you do the most when you're drunk."

That's what I've been telling her. He has no idea that he is wasting his time because Rubi will not listen. She'll continue to drink as much as she wants.

"You're not my dad. My dad dead nigga."

"Who's that beside you, Rubi? It better be your sister."

I can't believe she turned the camera on Spooky. Are you, like, attempting to get yourself killed.

"This is my new man. He's a real man, unlike you."

Her boyfriend began to act irrationally. "When you get back from California, I'm going to beat the shit out of you on my mother. You may think I'm playing Rubi, but I'm dead ass serious."

She frowned and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. You're not going to do shit."

He couldn't say anything more because she had already hung up on him. She put her phone down and resumed her conversation with Spooky. They started kissing out of nowhere. To put it another way, they were tonguing each other down. I was on the verge of puking because I hadn't expected to see that. I got up and went upstairs to get ready for a good night's sleep.

I quickly undressed and jumped into the shower. I got out after about ten minutes of showering. Manny was just sitting on the bathroom sink when I pulled the glass door back and nearly busted my butt. I realized I was naked as he stared at me up and down, so I quickly grabbed my towel. My pulse was pounding and I was uncomfortable because this man had just seen me naked.

"Be ready for the assignment I mentioned earlier tomorrow, and please don't be late, darling, because I don't mind hurting your sister." He stepped out of the bathroom, smirking.

"You could have waited until I was completely dressed!" I yelled a little.

He continued walking, ignoring me. I rolled my eyes because I swear Manny is doing things to make me scream or get angry on purpose. Before he tried to creep back in, I hurried up and dressed. I jumped into bed, ready to sleep, when my phone began to ring. It was Tre when I looked at it. I became happy for some reason. I opened his message right away.

Tre 🥰
- My apologizes for not texting you to see if you had arrived home safely, lil mama.

I put a massive smile on my face. Yes, I put some emojis next to his name, so don't say nothing. I'm starting to like him a lot.

Me
- No, Tre, you're fine, but thank you. I arrived safely at home.

Tre 🥰
- Did Manny bitch ass complain about you bringing his money late? 😂