taehyung knew he wanted to say something, but held his tongue. as taehyung would have to greet him first, out of respect. or something, another thing taehyung didnt understand.

"good evening jimin."

jimin smiled a little more. "hi taehyung." jimin said. taehyung smiled at him.

jimin was probably, well not probably.. he was his only 'friend'. or basic human interaction for that matter. the too were really close. and had been close ever since taehyungs father married jimins mother when they were both really little.

the two continued to smile at eachother until they heard their father clear his throat. immediately snapping their head to him, smiled dropping. taehyung bit the inside of his lip.

"good evening father." he said softly. the king hummed, before starting on his food. not giving his son a reply.

as everyone was there, they could start eating. which they did.

during dinner, taehyung remembered he should say thankyou to his chef after. he always made the best food.

the queen looked up from her food to her sons. "how was your day in town jimin?" she asked. jimin looked at her smiling. "it was good mother, thankyou." he said. she nodded smiling softly at him.

adjusting her excessively large fur over coat so it didnt get dirty. the king looked at both the princes. "did you go to the new fountain." he asked. jimin looked at him with a nod. "yes, it was very beautiful."

taehyung frowned at his fathers words. once again hearing how his father spent their money on ridiculous things rather than on his people.

"whats with the frown taehyung?" the king asked. taehyung looked at his, his frown disappearing quickly. back to a straight expressionless face. "nothing father." he lied.

taehyung then bit his tongue. knowing he shouldnt ask what he was about to say. but no matter how many times he go a 'no'... he would keep asking.

"may i please go to the town tomorrow?"

he asked, looking at his father. in that instant, all three of his family members turned to him. staring at the pleading boy.

the king looked at the young prince with an unreadable look.

"you will do no such thing." he said, his voice dripping in authority. "but why?" taehyung asked, even though he knew very well why.

"you know exactly why." his father spoke in a low tone. taehyung bit his tongue. knowing he should stop talking. but his mouth was already going before his brain could tell him to stop.

"but jimin gets to go out.." taehyung said, continuing to keep his eyes on his father. he could almost feel the shocked looks from his father and brother. but he didnt dare look at them.

"taehyung. i suggest you stop talking." his father spoke lowly, his large first clenching on the table. trying to keep his calm.

taehyung bit his lip, finally giving up as he usually did. he let his head fall down to his lap. he nodded slightly. "yes sir.." he replied quietly.

after the tense conversation, the dinner carried on like normal. the conversations dropping, everything silent other than the slight scraping of plates as everyone continued to eat.

taehyung couldnt help but feel down. as he usually did after everytime he spent time with his family. wishing he could just go back to his lonely room already.

𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 || 𝐓𝐚𝐞𝐊𝐨𝐨𝐤On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara