"He is?" I gasped, "Like a real mafia mafia, you mean?"

She chuckled and slowly nodded, "Actually, my family is one of the five families in charge."

I gaped at her. A word horror was probably written in bold letters across my forehead by now.

"My father is a Mob boss, Lo. That explains all the wealth." She said like it was no big deal, "Do you seriously think an ordinary businessman make as much as my father does?"

"Well, if they live in New York, yes." I snapped and suddenly, a feeling of guilty washed over me. Last night, was my first time ever to witness a crime scene. It was the first time I had seen a soul being taken out of one's physical body and look where it got me.

Sleep deprived with a horrible, horrible headache. These feelings, Giovanna no doubt must have been enduring for these past many years. It took me back to the time where she would come to school with at least four men dressed in all black. She would only eat her own lunch that she brought from home and not the one the school had prepared for us. Everyday, one of her family members would pick her up exactly at three p.m. Riding in their fancy cars, drawing all the attentions from our classmates even so, she never appeared please about it.

But even that, she had more freedom than I would ever do. So, it made me wonder if my family was anything close to hers.

"It must be hard." I said to her, "I am sorry, Gi. I could have been there for you more all this time but I did not know." I admitted.

A sweet look crossed her face but it only lasted for about ten seconds before she snorted.

"Please, Lo. As if you don't know me, I am a tough ass bitch." Giovanna smirked, "Don't feel bad for me. Feel bad for yourself. You are marrying one of them."

"Right." I mumbled ironically and her glance narrowed at me.

"Don't worry. It's most unlikely that Liam would involve you into his business or anything of that matter." Giovanna the said, "He is very private about what he is doing and that is why papa prefers him the most. Out of my brothers, he is the only who actually looks like he knows what he is doing."

I sighed but nodded my head anyways.

Well, what did I suppose to say?

No, Giovanna. You were wrong. Your brother, Liam was nothing but a narcissistic spoiled brat and I would never ever marry him.

What was the point of saying that when it was impossible for me to run away. Especially, now that I got the bit of an idea what kind of a person he was and what did he do for living. If half of the thing Giovanna was implying was true, he would have no trouble tracking me down or torturing someone to get the informations of my whereabouts.

It was like playing with fire. You would never knew what could happen.

Amidst our serious conversation, I then realized there was something worth discussing about. At least now that I had no other choice but to accept my fate with him.

"You wouldn't believe it but Liam has a girlfriend." I spoke up right before Giovanna got back to her eating.

"You're right I don't believe it." She mumbled mouthful.

Love me, LondonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara