"Do you know why they call me the heart specialist?" She shook her head in refutation. "Because, I don't rush, and I listen, and then I solve their problems. To understand their heart, all you need to do is listen, to the things they say and the things that they hide. And then you can understand all those unsaid words that they are trying to tell you unconsciously." He was still observing her.

"Miss Mathur, let me tell you a secret about this profession, your positivity towards your patients will help them recover more quickly than the medicines do. If you cannot believe you can do it, your patients too will be disheartening, a little positivity can work up miracles. If you understand people's hearts you can help them recover not only on the outside but on the inside." He smiled again ruffling her hairs.

 "Stop treating me as a little child Mr. Lyte I am older than Pia." "I am not counting the physical age little birdie; I am counting the mental age. And it says you are still very much childish" He said smiling and it did reach his eyes. It was a genuine smile. Forrest was right, after all, there is a lot of things you can learn about people when you observe.

"So, Miss Granger why you think you should end up with Mr. Potter, not Mr. Weasley?" He asked her. "Simply because they have such nice bonding all the way through the series, she understood him, not even Ron can understand Harry as Hermione could, I think the people who understand your darkest part of the soul and still are not afraid of it, are the special ones. Those are few people you should never let leave. But alas not everyone is blessed with that kind of people in their lives." She said. He was silent for a while. "I understand you must feel the same way then?" She looked into his eyes and said "I wished I could feel anything at all."

He can sense a pain deeper in her heart something she never let anyone know. Something only, she was aware of. Perhaps the person who called her yesterday was responsible for it? "Ok, let's say somehow you got transferred to the Harry Potter world and you have given the opportunity to pursue one of the characters who it will be?" He asked. "Can I have more than one choice?" He nodded. "Go ahead, pick as much as you want to little birdie, just explain afterward why it had happened."

"I guess, I would either go with Draco or with Nevil." He wasn't surprised. She did say she liked complicated things and she may like to solve them too. "So, the villain and the fool. Why so Miss Granger may I ask?" "It is simple, they were ignored, Draco was shown as a villain but was he a villain in reality? When your decisions are influenced all your life, you forget that you can have a voice of your own. Or opinion for that matter." He thought about it carefully, she wasn't wrong, is that means she somehow influenced too? 

"And Nevil? Why chose him" She smiled "Because everyone thought he wasn't important, he was just a coward and afraid of everything, but he had proven he was indeed a very brave soul. Sometimes, you cannot know just by the present actions of the person what they can do in future, it proves that deduction of our own thoughts about that person can be wrong. The person who we expect to be just a nobody turned out to be a hero"

"Your turn Miss Mathur, ask what is your situation for me?" He asked waiting for her to ask something him. "Ok, let me think for a while," She said and looked at him thinking hard. Forrest just was looking at her expressions all the time. He wondered again what her brain was planning now. "Ok, I have one suppose you got a call at night from me about being drunk and alone on the street I don't know what will you do?" She asked looking at him. 

"Call the police and say that I need to pick my ex-lover up because she is not letting me sleep calling me middle of the night" Her mouth hung open. "What just you said, you mean you are willing to leave me alone at an unknown street drunk and then you will file a police complaint about harassing you? How is this fair?" 

He placed his hands over his desk and leaned over them looking at her "Firstly if you are alone at such an unknown street drunk and crying it is better to tell the cops because they will reach you on time if I cannot and secondly..." "Secondly" She questioned. "How could you even think I will let you get drunk alone?"

"But why say, ex-lover?" "Makes it more believable Miss Mathur." He said getting up. "Now about the case files, you had something to suggest?" He asked. "It was about the girl who has congenital heart disease, I was thinking she was a bit young for surgery, isn't she? If she was a little older maybe the risk associated with her was a little bit lesser and if I can calculate strategically it seems more possible to cure her if she was a little older, I mean there is a fair possibility that she cannot take the trauma of the operation." 

He looked at her and said, "Miss Mathur, one thing I want to make very clear here, I know what I am doing very well enough. I never in my life have ever made a mistake that would endanger the life of another patient. I have seen her born, I have seen the parents suffer and beg for their child's life, if I thought it would have endangered her life or shorten it anyway, I would never have suggested the surgery happen now"

"I know you know what is best for your patient sir, but even if I am not the best one in thefield, I too think it is better to take a second opinion before you make any decision that you always will regret sir," Reva said. "From who? You?" "M... Me? But I am just an intern here" Reva shuttered under his cold gaze. 

"That is right Miss Mathur you are an Intern, you are here to learn, not to correct or question my judgment especially when it comes to the safety of my patients. I know very well what I am doing with them. Whatever you are planning to do next time, remember this Christopher had only given you the offer because I agreed to play along. But even I have my limitations, Miss Mathur. Even I can only allow certain flexibilities within our relationship."

She nodded not looking at him. She knows now better than to open her mouth and express her opinions. "I am going to go and check the patients do you wish to accompany me?" She said nothing. "Ok then, if you do not want to then stay here and do what you do when you are free." She saw him leave. And then a lone tear escaped her eye. 

She wiped it and walked out of the place. So, to do what she does in her spare time. She called a cab and told him to take her to the library. She then saw the old building and walked inside switching off her phone. "You know the closing hours don't stay up late this time" Reva nodded thanking the librarian. And then she walked towards the silence and the books.

She picked up a few in a row and took out her glasses. Then she has begun to read. Slowly she felt the pain and hurt go away, slowly she forgot the events of today, and the harsh behavior of Forrest just after he made her feel welcome was too much for her to take. Maybe she will avoid voicing her thoughts in front of him from now on. She realized that it will not be easy to fit in with him.

 Even though he is a heart specialist, the doors to his heart were bolted shut and padlocked. Yes, he is a very great mentor but a very terrible friend. "I don't want to do anything with you, Mr. Lyte. I do not care about your arrogance and lack of consideration for my ideas and opinions if you do not need one from me, I would not put any input into your life." She declared when the librarian told her to be quiet.

She placed the books in their designated place and helped the librarian tidy up the place a bit seeing that she needed help with all the kids who really don't care helping her out. "Thank you, Reva, now off you go, it is late" Reva smiled and said "Miss Li, you work so hard, it is just little of what I can do"

 The woman looked at Reva, "You are a good kid Reva, but don't you make me worry too much about you, don't stay out too late here, you should make more friends have a boyfriend or two. Have fun and enjoy your life." She looked around the almost empty library and said "Miss Li, I am enjoying my own way and this feels like returning to my old habits. It feels nice" And she thanked her again.

Reva called a cab and went home. As soon she entered foot into the house, she saw the angry and worried faces of her friends Disha and Mia and surprisingly her boss, Forrest Arthur Lyte too was with them.

 As soon as he saw her, relief flooded at his face and then it changed into something more. She can see the anger in his features. And then he walked towards her with a look of determination on his face. But it is not the one she can say she is happy seeing. 

Word Count: 2433 Words