burns

next morning, you and harry made your way through the castles cold corridors back up to the astronomy tower, silently, both still shaken from last nights events.

you started walking up the stairs, hearing snape talking to dumbeldore at the top "-has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that i dont want to do this anymore?" snape asks, a shiver crawls up your spine at his words. "wether it has or hasnt isnt relevant. i will not nagotiate with yourself severus. you agreed, nothing more to discuss" you heard dumbeldore reply as you climbed up the stairs, slowly.

flicking his robe, snape turns around and to the stairs where you and harry stood. he stops infront the two of you, staring you both down. harry was confused at the look in his eye, but to you, snape had a totaly different light now. and the way he looked at you said something. shouted it.

looking between the professor and harry, you raised your hand, shaking your head at harry, "well what are you waiting for? a kiss on the cheek?" you ask, pushing harry up the stairs. he stumbles and continues going upstairs, you and snape share a nod before you go upstairs.

"oh, {Y/N}, harry" dumbeldore says, slowly turning around to face you, his robe flying in the wind. "you need to shave harry" dumbeldore jokes, smiling at harry, you giggle as you pull your hair into a low ponytail.

"you know, now that i look at you, youre just like your parents. the troublemakers back in time... sirius black, and james potter" dumbeldore says as he looks between you and harry.

"when you call each other by your last names, mcgongall stresses" the old man says, you and harry laughing.

"forgive my mawkishness, im an old man" he says, "you still look the same to me sir" harry says, you and dumbeldore chuckle. something isnt right.

"just like your mother youre unfaillingly kind" dumbeldore sighs, looking at harry. "the place which we will visit tonight is extremly dangerous. i promised you would accompany me, and i stand by that promise. but theres one condition. you mist obey every command i give you without question" dumbeldore says, his eyes looking between you and harry.

"yes sir" "you do understand what im saying. should i tell you to hide, you hide. should i tell you to run, you run. should i tell you to abandon me and save yourselves, you must do so" dumbeldore instructs. you stare at each other silently. no.

"your word please" dumbeldore says. "my word" you and harry say at the same time, both know that you wont do that.

"take my arm" dumbeldore says. "sir i thought you couldnt apparate within hogwarts" harry says, and dumbeldore looks at you, smirking. "well, there are a few loopholes" dumbeldore says, and with that, you and harry take the old mans arm, and apparate away from the castle.

you find yourself on a a cliff above the ocean, the sea roars and clashes underneath you, water hitting you, the wind making your hair fly around.

you enter into a cave inside the cliff, its damp and cold. "this is the place. oh yes, this place is known magic..." the old man says, looking around the black stone. he pulls out a knife and cuts across his palm, blood dripping out.

"in order to gain passage, payment must be made. payment intended to weaken any intruder" he explains as he drags his blood across the stone, and it starts breaking and falling, showing a passageway.

"voldemort wouldnt have made it easy to discover his hiding place" dumbeldore says as you follow him deeper into the cave. "he would put some defences in position" he says, and you get to some sort of lake, crystals around the lake as you light up your wands.

"there it is. the only question is how do we get there?" dumbeldore asks, pointing to the other side of the lake. taking a step down, dumbeldore raises his hand, and quickly pulls out of the water a chain.