the truth

"And his wand snapped in two, which was sad..." hagrid and slughorn sang, you and harry say infront of them, dangling your feet down, holding wach a big cup full of beer from hagrid.

"tiny little thing he was when he hatched! no bigget then a Pekingese. a pekingese mind you!" hagrid calls. "i once had a fish, he was very dear to me, but one day i came downstairs and... he vanished! poof!" slughorn slurred, showing with his fingers the poof the fish preformed.

"very hard, isnt it? but... thats life! i suppose! you go along and then suddenly, poof..." slughorn and hagrid were properly drunk, you and harry watched with wide eyes, amazed. "poof..." both men said, looking up. "ill write that in my journal..." you sigh, gulping down some of the beer in your hand. not enjoying yourself.

you watch as hagrid closes his eyes and his head falls back, and quickly he starts snoring, making you and harry giggle, leaving you alone with slughorn.

"a student gave me francise. the fish" slughorn clears. "on a spring afternoon i discorvered a bowl on my desk, just a few inches of clear water and floating on the surface was a flower petal. as i watched it sank... just before it reached the bottom, its transformed! to a fish! it was beautiful magic. wonderous to behold. the flower petal had come from a lily. your mother..." slughorn explained longily, watching you and harry carefully.

"i know why youre here..." the professor says. "i cant help you. truly" slughorn shakes his head lowly. "do you know how i survived professor?" harry asks. "the night i got this? because of her. because she secrificed herself, because she refused to step aside. because her love was more powerful then voldemort" harry says, and slughorn winces. "dont say his name" he pleads harry.

"im not afraid of the name professor! and im going to tell you something... something others have only guessed at. its true. to kill him, there are only 2 people who can match up to his power." "its adorable how he thinks hes strong then you" "right?"

"if we want to destory him, we need to know what tom riddle asked asked you all those years ago in your office, and what you told him!" harry says.

"be brave professor... brave like my mother. otherwise, you disgrace her. otherwise, she died for nothing. otherwise... the bowl will remain empty... forever" harry says, both you and slughorn look at him with wide eyes.

slughorn gulps, and raises his wand. "please, dont think badly of me when you see it. you have no idea what he was like, even then" slughorn whispers, putting his wand to his temple and pulling out his memory, putting it in one of his spare viels with shaking hands.

you take the viel carefully from his hand, and he sits back, motioning for you to leave. grabbing onto harrys hand, you pull him out of the hut and go back to the castle.

"finally, i thought i was going to cry" you sigh, shaking your head. "i cant remember what i said already" harry chuckles.

**

storming into dumbeldores office, you and harry pant as you lift up the viel, showing it to dumbeldore. with wide eyes he comes over and takes the viel from your cold shaking hands.

he opens up the stopper and pours it down into the pensieve, and looking one last time at each other, putting your faces down in the water.

**

the office, the hourglass, tom and slughorn. "i was in the library the other night, in the restriced section, and i came across a rather odd piece of rare magic. its called, as i understand it, a horcrox" tom says, slughorns face turns to confusion and maybe even fear.

"i beg your pardon?" the older man says. "horcrox. i came across the term while reading, and i didnt fully understand it" tom explained. "im not sure what youre reading tom, but this is very dark stuff, very dark indeed..." the professor explains in fear.

"which is why i came to you" tom explaines. he was manitpulative and persuasive, reminding you of your own devil.

"a horcrox is an object in which a person has concelled a part of their soul" slughorn explains. "but i dont understand how that works" neither did you.

"one splits ones soul and hides part of it in an object, by doing so youre protected should you be attacked, and your body distroyed" "protected?" tom asks.

slughorn feels uneasiness. "a part of your soul is hidden somewhere else. in other words, you can not die" the professor explains to the boy who turns to look at the fire place 

"how does one split his soul sir?" tom asks. "i think you already know the answer to that tom" slughorn sighs. "murder" tom whispers. "yes. killing rips the soul apart. a violantion of nature" the professor explains.

"can you only split the soul once? for instant... seven?" tom asks, slughorns eyes widen. "seven? merlins beard tom! its mad enough to consider killing one person, to rip the soul into 7 pieces..." slughorns gasps, scared. "this is all hypothetical isnt it tom? academic?" slughorn asks, and tom turns around.

"of course sir"

**

you pull your face out of the water, gasping. "what the hell?!" "sir..." dumbeldore raises his hand and stumbles backwards, shaking, sitting down on the stairs.

"this is beyond anything i imagined" dumbeldore gasps. "you mean to say he succeded sir?" harry asks, "obviously" you sigh, rubbing your eyes.

"what are they exactly?" harry asks. "could be anything" you sigh, "the most common object" dumbeldore says, walking to his desk. "a ring. a book" dumbeldore says, pulling out a ring and a book, destroyed.

"tom riddles diary..." harry gasps. "four years ago you saved ginny weasleys life in the chamber of secrets, you brough me this, i knew then its a different kind of magic. very dark, very powerful. but until now i had no idea how powerful" dumbeldore sighs, your breath starts to shake you as lean on the table with two hands.

"and the ring?" "voldemort mother. difficult to find. even more difficult to destroy" dumbeldore says, showing us his bruised, black hand. "but if you could find them all... destroy each horcrox..." "one destroys voldemort" you sigh out, looking at both men.

"how would you find them? they could be anything" you say in a rushed tone, "true, but magic, especially dark magic-" harry touchs the ring, and it spins on the table really fast, ringing in the air.

"thats where youve been going.." you say as dumbeldore comes to stand infront of you, "when you leave the school" harry completes, dumbeldore nods, confirming.

"i think i may have found another, but this time, i can hope to destroy it alone. once again, i must ask too much of you" dumbeldore says. no need for any word to be said, you and harry both knew you are going, no matter what.

**

"you do know, me and dumbeldore had the same goal, right? be the most powerful wizards... have everything. thats why he has that ring" gellert says as everyone stands around the office silently. you look down to his hand, 3 rings on his hand. "which one?" "you know which one" dumbeldore says.

you look down at his hands. the black marble, the silver net, the cross. "you know what i mean..." you drag your eyes up from dumbeldores hand up to his face, and hes looking back at you.

"whats this ring sir?" you ask, pointing to his hand. "a hope" he says as he looks down at it, "maybe a present" he sighs, turning the silver cross ring around his finger, "you know what it is" he says as his finger dragged across each side of the cross.

gulping, you look up at his face again. "what grindelwald did to you is different" dumbeldore starts, "with you he just attached himself to you for a reason, to continue himself in hopes of getting what he wants through you. he doesnt wish to be living again, he wishes to have his ideals brought back" dumbeldore says, pulling your attention from the ring. 

"both me and albus wanted to be the most powerful wizards, which is why we both wanted the ability to control the four elements of basic human life. i found you... albus hopes for the ring to work"

***

yes, i did do a prolonged research about his rings, and one of his actually connected with my story line, which i mean... sick.

comment, vote and follow!!

yours, the red demon♧