"Liam, it's oka-"

I was too late. He had already disappeared.

Should have listened to mama when she said sarcasm does get you nowhere. Apparently, it got Liam Luciano to walk me places in the middle of the night. Tapping my chin impatiently, I leaned my back against the wall beside the door and prayed for Liam to quickly reappear. I just could not wait to get back in bed now that I was out of it.

"So, you are Giovanna's friend."

My eyes landed on a female stranger standing at the doorway. She looked at me from head to toe, hard and long before she smacked her red lips together annoyingly.

"Are you deaf?" She snapped at me one more time. With those eyes, she could literally have a man peeing his pants at her glare.

"No." I uttered, feeling a bit puzzled as to why I was so afraid of her. Maybe the fact that she had just stepped out of Liam's bedroom and her lipstick happened to match the same shade as the one imprinted on his neck earlier.

The only word that immediately came to mind was, girlfriend.

"Stupid bitch." The fearful lady sneered under her breath, "What are you standing here for? Isn't Giovanna's room like on the other side of the mansion completely?"

For a beautiful lady, she had a very ugly personality. The way she was eying me was as if I was begging for her money when in fact, I was the best friend of her boyfriend's sister. But before I could say anything, Liam had reappeared. He sighed unhappily when his eyes landed on me and the red-lips lady at the doorway.

"Felicia." He turned to her, head shaking in disapproval, "Go put your clothes on. It's time to leave."

____________________

It was awkward.

So awkward as we walked in total silence for nearly ten minutes. I blamed Mr. and Mrs. Luciano for building their house the size of a department store. It was like there was no ending to these hallways.

Throughout the long walk, I kept myself occupied by the expensive artworks and sophisticated design of each room we passed. Several times, I failed. I ended up getting caught red-handed staring right at him.

When all was said and done, Liam eventually got to the bottom of my mind.

"She is just a friend." He blurted out instinctively.

I looked at him. My lips parted slightly in shock, "Oh, I see."

He nodded his head, looking somewhat guilty and a bit embarrassed. 

"You don't need to explain yourself to me. It's not like we are in a relationship or anything." I spoke casually and honestly, I meant it. He and I, we were not dating. He should not be feeling guilty that he was caught with another lady. In contrast, I was the one who should be feeling something here. The man was taken and our dear parents had to force us to be together.

If I was her, I would hate me too.

"I find it funny." I said and we both looked at each other. Liam, then raised his brows questionably, "That you are in a relationship with someone, yet your parents insist on us getting married."

I heard him let out a sigh but did not bother to say anything.

"Do they not like her? Your girlfriend."