Past vs Present: Fight for the future

3rd person POV:

With a giant Dragon corpse behind the school and a hole in the building, it was safe to say, that the Roosters and Chickens are getting an early summer.

Kira entered Akuma's office, where he found kindly smiling at the destruction for it meant something special to him.

Akuma: Thank you.

Kira: Thank Yn instead.

Akuma: I just did...

Kira:... My payment?

Opening a cabinet Akuma pulled out a large book which he placed on his desk.

Akuma: Everything I own, and how to get it is in here. I've already transferred the more modern-day stuff to your account.

Kira: Good.

Akuma: What will you do now?

Kira:... I'll do what I set out to do when I was a child. Eradicate the clan life off the face of the earth and reveal their secrets.

Akuma: And why would you want to do that?

Kira: I desire to become the best, period. To do that, I must make sure no one could ever come along to surpass me.

Akuma:(mumbles) Going so far for something you already are....?

Kira: What was that?

Akuma: Nothing but the mumblings of an old man.

Akuma: What about Yn?

Kira: It all depends on him.

Akuma: I see.

Akuma: Welp... I wish you the best. Have a great life. Until we meet again.

With a pure smile, he leaves what is now Kira's office.

Kira:...

Turning around, Kira saw Yn standing at the doorway, in one hand, the Mao-Muhon which he rested on his shoulder, and in the other hand, his kunai that he spun around his index finger.

Yn: Is that really what you want?

Kira: Judging by that question, you're still Yn.

Yn: I am. Now answer the question. Do you truly want to kill all the clans?

Kira: Yes.

Yn: Those that include our friends in our class?

Kira: Of course. They know too much. And they are not my friends.

Yn: That's your fault.

Kira: I know, and don't care.

Yn: I can't let you do that.

Kira:... Tch...

Kira: Every word you say, makes me realize more and more how much of a lost cause you are.

Yn: I know, and don't care. You will not kill my friends or commit genocide on the clans.

Kira: What is this? A sense of justice? Heroic passion? Why are you playing the hero?

Kira: I know you don't remember the cruel upbringing you had, but even a fool like you should realize I am the lesser of two evils.

Yn:(raises an eyebrow)

Kira: The clans... They have become hypocrites. Claiming to constantly adapt when holding onto their outdated traditions which contradicts that.

Kira: They live in their own little world where they are all perfectly fine with training children at birth to become killers.