Chapter 1

The castle was dark. The servants had tucked in for the night. Only the mice were out to play, or so they thought. Two little girls giggled as they looked out the window to see the northern lights dance across the sky. One little girl grabbed the hand of the one next to her as they raced off to her and sister's shared room. The little girl's orange pigtail bouncing as she ran.

"Elsa!" The little Anna peeks her eyes over the side of Elsa's large bed. "Psst. Elsa."

The other little girl covers her mouth to keep her giggles silent.

When Elsa doesn't wake, Anna climbs up on the bed and sits on her sister. "Wake up, wake up, wake up." She says while shaking Elsa's shoulders.

"Anna, go back to sleep." Elsa mumbles while keeping her eyes closed.

Anna flops on her back and acts dramatic while she explains why exactly she can't go back to sleep. "The sky's awake, so I'm awake. AND (Y/n)'s here, so we have to play."

Elsa shoves her sister to the floor. "Go play by yourselves."

Anna sits there in thought for a moment before she climbs back on the bed. She lifts one of Elsa's eyelids. "Do you wanna build a snowman?" She asks cheekily knowing her sister just can't refuse.

Elsa smiles and finally gets out of bed. The three children race down the stairs to the ballroom.

"Do the magic! do the magic!" Anna giggles.

Elsa begins waving her hands while creating a snowball. "Are you ready?" Anna stares in awe before nodding excitedly. Elsa throws up the snowball causing it to begin snowing unlimitedly in the ballroom.

Anna runs around excitedly while (y/n) looks in awe, a soft smile on her face. The three girls gather around. "Watch this." Elsa stomps her foot and a thin layer of ice now coats the floor. Anna giggles as she begins sliding away. (Y/n) waves her arms as she tries to regain balance. She's unsuccessful and falls on her butt. All three girls giggle.

As more snow falls the girls begin making a snowman. Anna sits on a chair posing for the snowman while Elsa and (y/n) shape the face. (Y/n) spins the snowman around to show Anna. Elsa moves the stick arms while saying, "Hi I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs."

Anna giggles and jumps off the chair and runs over to the snowman, giving him a big hug. "I love you Olaf!"

The three girls giggle as (y/n) holds up the snowman and Elsa pushes them around with her powers, Anna laughs as she moves around the dancefloor. Later the girls build a big snow slide. Anna sits in Elsa's lap as they slide down together.

"Ah-huh! Tickle bumps!" Anna giggles. As she hits the bottom she jumps and lands in another pile of snow. She laughs as she throws snow in the air. "Catch me!" She says as she jumps from the pile.

Elsa, now standing on the ground, uses her magic to create a slightly taller snow mound for Anna to land on. "Gotcha!"

"Again!" Anna says as she jumps once again.

They continue doing that. The mounds steadily get taller and Anna keeps jumping faster.

"Anna slow down maybe." (Y/n) says.

"Wait!" Elsa quickly makes snow mound after mound. "Slow down!" Elsa slips and grabs (y/n)'s arm dragging her down with her. Both girls fall on their butts, as they sit up they see Anna jump again. "Anna!" Both girls shout.

Elsa attempts to help her sister but misses and strikes her in the head.

"Oh no!" (Y/n) gasps.

Elsa gets up and runs over to her sister. She pulls her into her arms. "Anna?" A streak of white appears in that otherwise fiery red hair. "Mama! Papa!" Elsa shouts, her eyes filled with tears. (Y/n) tries to comfort her friend by hugging her shoulders. (Y/n) shivers as the room temperature drops and the ice goes dull and frost climbs the walls. The doors burst open and the King and Queen race in towards their daughters along with an older servant lady.

"Elsa what have you done? This is getting out of hand." The king cries.

"It was an accident." (Y/n) says.

"(Y/n)!" The servant lady rushes forward and pulls the girl into a hug.

"Mama."

The queen bends down and takes Anna from Elsa. "She's ice cold." she gasps.

"I know where we have to go." The king says. The king and queen race out of the room, Elsa following behind.

(Y/n) hugs herself as she watches her two best friends and their parents leave. He mother takes her up to their shared room where from the window (y/n) watches as two horses race off. One of the horses leaves a trail of ice in its wake, and (y/n) knows immediately that Elsa is on that one.

"Come to bed dear they'll be all right." Her mother soothes while rubbing circles on (y/n)'s back.

(y/n) sits by the window watching the night sky clear until the sun rises and the royal family returns. (Y/n) runs down to greet them but Elsa won't look at her. The king and queen walk past with Anna in their arms.

"What happened?" (Y/n) asks.

"She'll be okay." Elsa says but (y/n) senses something off.

"But...?"

"But she won't remember I have powers." Elsa says sadly.

(Y/n) looks down in thought. "Come on." She grabs Elsa's hand and leads her through the castle to a secret compartment for the servants that (y/n) has transformed into her own little hide away. (Y/n) sits Elsa down on one of the many pillows before grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around Elsa. "It wasn't your fault you know." (Y/n) says as she hugs her best friend. "It was an accident and Anna will be okay. That's what matters."

Elsa doesn't smile. She just looks down at her hands. "What if I hurt you?" She asks.

"You won't." (Y/n) states confidently. Her face lights up. She reaches up and takes the small locket off from around her neck. "Here." She holds it out to Elsa. "My mother always said that when I'm scared I should touch the necklace and it'll take the fear away. I think you need it more than me."

Elsa looks at her curiously before taking the necklace in her hands, a soft smile on her face for the first time since she returned.

"Elsa!" The girls hear the king calling for Elsa.

Elsa quickly clasps the necklace around her neck. "Thank you (Y/n)."

"Of course." (Y/n) leads Elsa out. They hug before Elsa rushes off to find her father. (Y/n) watches the princess disappear. "I'm not scared of you." She whispers before returning to her room.