Manny began to chuckle, and I just glared at him because he knew it wasn't funny, and he knew we weren't even getting down like that.

"Rubi, you damn well I'm not picking up the phone for Nau'Jour. I don't have time for him because all he does is lie and cheat."

She burst out laughing. "Oh, when I get back to New York, I'm telling him you've got a new man and you're not worried about him. I know he's going to be so mad."

I gave her a sidelong glance. " Don't worry, girl, he'll be fine. Anyway, how is mom doing? She's been worried sick about me, I know."

She took out her phone and began texting. "Of course, let me text mommy to tell her you're good because she's been worrying about you badly. I'm just going to tell her that you've been occupied by your new man."

I really hope she stops telling me that he's my man because he's not. I can't stand Manny's guts, and I just want someone to kill him so bad, but I'm not going to lie that he's fine as hell, and I wouldn't mind dating him, but he's just too cold hearted for me.

I've finished cooking Rubi's breakfast. I cooked pancakes, grits, eggs, turkey bacon, blue berry muffin and some apple juice on the side. I gave it to her, and she just started eating so fast. Manny looked at me with a quizzical look on his face.

"Where is my plate, sweetheart?"

I put on a fake smile and went straight into the kitchen to get him a plate. Since he wants to be funny, I should have put poison in his food. I finished fixing his plate and handed it over to him. I went over to the other couch and sat down to watch them devour my food.

Manny took a bite out of the pancake and started chewing like he didn't eat all day. "I have to admit, baby breakfast is delicious. You should prepare meals for me more often."

My face was painted with a fake smile. "You've got to be crazy if you think I'm going to cook for you." I whispered to myself.

Rubi grinned as she wiped the food from her mouth. "Oh, my goodness. You're just so adorable. I'm happy she met a decent guy after her ex in New York didn't take her seriously. He was mistreating her and having affairs with other women behind her back. I just hope you don't do the same thing because my sister is a wonderful woman who deserves to be treated as such."

Rubi was making me hot, so I rubbed the back of my head. "Rubi, that is none of his concern, and you are disclosing much too much of my personal information to him."

Rubi had a puzzled expression on her face as she stared at me. "I mean, he's your man. Your business is his business, and his business is your business. That's how it's done."

Not this hoe trying to tell me something about relationships when she's out here cheating on her man every day. Manny got up and put the dishes in the sink.

"Give me a hug before I leave, baby. I got to rush out and take care of some business."

I swear I didn't want to get up and hug him, but I had to in order to make our phony relationship true. I leapt to my feet and took him in my arms, he began whispering in my ear.

"If you tell your sister anything about what's been going on for the past few days. I don't mind killing the both of you, yeah? Maintain the best demeanor."

Hostage जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें